How do I stop Backup Assistant Plus?
Rodilator
Enthusiast - Level 2

Galaxy Note 3 - Android 5.0

How do I stop, remove, kill, disable, make it go away - Backup Assistant Plus? Doing a 'Force Stop' of the "app" does not do it. Un-checking the option to Synch Contacts is ignored. I've grown quite weary of clearing the daily error messages, but I can't make it die.

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I kill Backup Assistant Plus?
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

You can try to disable it however some devices do not allow you to disable it.  If you can you would go to settings>app manager> Backup assistant (Verizon Cloud etc...) there could be a few of them and only 1 or 2 will let you disable but that is enough.

The other way is to go and do a FDR and when you set the phone up, skip the Backup Assistant setup so it is never activated on your phone

View solution in original post

Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

You can try to disable it however some devices do not allow you to disable it.  If you can you would go to settings>app manager> Backup assistant (Verizon Cloud etc...) there could be a few of them and only 1 or 2 will let you disable but that is enough.

The other way is to go and do a FDR and when you set the phone up, skip the Backup Assistant setup so it is never activated on your phone

Snn5
Legend

While I was not able to disable Backup, I was able to sign out of my Verizon account on the phone account settings screen and then disable Sync.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Rodilator, we want you to bring life to your device and ensure that your contacts are saved at Backup Assistant Plus. Are you not happy with the alert notification that advises you that your device is being backed up? What issues do you have with the application?

Click http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-80867/ for the steps on how to disable Backup Assistant on your device.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes