Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,194 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions
Voice mail stopped working after Oreo update.
ROBCOL78

After Oreo update on Note 8, my voicemail stopped working.  No notification, when I click on the app, the screen goes white and then flashes app stopped working, then goes back to regular screen.  cannot figure out how to fix.  Help!

0 Likes
Re: Voice mail stopped working after Oreo update.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Your device should always work properly after an update, ROBCOL78. To clarify, is this happening with the preinstalled Verizon voice mail app? Have you been able to check your voice mail at all since the update, or does this happen every time you try using the voice mail app? Are you able to attempt accessing your voice mail while in safe mode? Safe mode disables third party apps. You can refer to these steps. http://spr.ly/6586DkAu0 To exit safe mode, please power your device off and back on.

AndreaS_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ROBCOL78

Yes this is the preinstalled Verizon voicemail app.  This has happened every time I tried to use the app since the update.  I was able to check my voicemails with the *86 call.  I always update my apps every morning and power down completely every night.  I tried to run the app in safe mode and it still doesn't work.  I have several saved voice mails that are on there from relatives who have passed and I am worried those voice mails might be gone.  Do I need to go into a store, I am hoping that you can give me a method that might work with out that, I don't have time.  Thank you.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand how important it is that you don't lose those messages, ROBCOL78. Thank you for your efforts so far. When you dialed *86, were the saved messages still there? Have you tried accessing the voicemail app while on data and when connected to wifi?

NicoleB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ROBCOL78

Yes there were some saved messages.  I have tried to access on wifi, as well as 4g.  It just flashes app not working and closes.  Help.  Do I need to go into a store?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand how important it is to save voicemails that have been left by people who are no longer with us. If you are able to access the messages by dialing *86, we have a few options available for saving the messages outside of your voicemail. The easiest method would be to play the voice messages on speakerphone, and use another device to record them as sound files. If you would like a higher resolution recording, we work with CBW Productions to make permanent copies of saved voicemail messages: http://spr.ly/6589DZxKN. As with anything that has sentimental value, it is a good idea to make sure you have a backup copy of your voice messages saved. Once we have the messages backed up, we will have a lot more latitude available for troubleshooting the voicemail application, since some of the troubleshooting steps, such as reinstalling the app, may cause us to lose the messages.

PeterP_VZW

0 Likes
justagrrlinny
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had the same problem with my S7 after the Oreo update. Called Verizon Tech Support and they had me clear the app Cache then the app Data and restart the app. It's now working again.