Why are texts being sent from @vtext.com?
Joy-O-Joy
Enthusiast - Level 1

Help me PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

I had a Galaxy Note 2 and started having a weird problem last month that I couldn't fix, even after wiping the device. It was sending all my texts to and from my husband to his phone number @VTEXT.com. Since his was the only number it did it to, I figured it was an iPhone problem since that's what he has.

I just upgraded to a Note 3 and the texting is again normal between my husband and I. I thought I was out of the woods. Nope. Now it's doing the same thing to my daughter's phone.

This is driving me NUTS because I can't get text confirmations and it takes longer for the text messages to go to and from the vtext.com email server than it would to do a standard text message. Does anyone have any idea how to stop this madness? I want the vtext.com to be GONE!

Thanks!!!!

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: HELP! Text message sent from "@vtext.com"
Not applicable

Joy-Oh-Joy I read the whole long sorry problem before I replied.

I had the issue you are speaking of. every time I placed a 515000000 in the text box for one of my contatcts, or even a name from my contacts the extension was as 5150000000@vtext.com I found it annoying. However I went through first the contact name of the person and chose EDIT CONTACT and I found the address under an email address.

I went in and searched all 1346 contacts I have on my phone and did the same and if I found any entry with a @vtext.com or @myvzwpics.com I deleted the entry.

After the process was done, I restarted my device. and tested it via text message again. The @vtext.com was gone.

Now another thing to remember is if you have any back up services like icloud (I know you have a droid) or Verizon back up assistant the entry may be sent again as incorrect. You need to modify the cloud entry as well.

I am telling you this is the proper fix. Just read what I am saying and try it again. Try all that I tell you.

Good Luck

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Joy-O-Joy lets get your messages flowing normally again! To make sure I'm clear, is the messaging with your husband now working? What device does your daughter have? Are her messages to you coming in normally?

AshleyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Joy-O-Joy
Enthusiast - Level 1

It's exactly this issue here:
https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/937653

I've also read about it on a number of other tech support websites. Always Verizon though, not any other carriers.

I have had this happen with a Galaxy Note 2 to and from an iPhone4 and a Galaxy Note 3 to and from an old Droid 3. It will work normal for months then it will suddenly start turning just one person's messages into @vzwpix.com or @vtext.com addresses. The ONLY way to fix it is to do a factory reset on the phone. I have tried removing our contact information from each others' phones and removing all traces of text messaging but it will turn the first reply back into an email message.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Joy-O-joy, Thank you for explaining your issues to us. Lets get this figured out. Did you start having this issue when you started with the Samsung Note devices? After you wiped your device, did you try to send texts without adding any email accounts? We want to figure out what is causing the issue. Please provide details so we can pinpoint this for you.

-PeterV_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
HELP! Text message sent from "@vtext.com"
Joy-O-Joy
Enthusiast - Level 1

I used the Note 2 for over 6 months before it started happening. About the same time, my husband's iPhone started sending text to email messages at attachments to I blamed it on his phone. I went into his settings and couldn't find any reason and I checked a multitude of websites and saw MANY people having the same issue with no resolution. I also tried deleting all text history and contact info from both of our phones but it continued to happen until I reset my phone to factory defaults.

2 weeks ago I purchased the Note 3 and text messages from my daughter started coming as 541990####@vzwpix.com. Again, I tried purging all contact information and text message history from both phones with no success. I waited until my daughter upgraded to a Galaxy S4 Mini. I reset my phone to factory at the same time I was setting her phone up and that has fixed the problem again.

My main concern now is that this bug will again randomly rear it's ugly head and I'll again have to reset my phone to factory, losing all my settings and taking days to customize it the way I want it again.

Thank you for ANY help you can give.

0 Likes
Joy-Oh-Joy
Enthusiast - Level 2

Here you go, it's just started happening AGAIN, this time with my other daughter. The original text, sent at 4:59 pm, went by regular text message. The reply went to the vzwpix.com address.  I'm attaching screen shots (don't giggle at the obvious mom texts).

Screenshots_2014-01-29-17-11-10.pngScreenshots_2014-01-29-17-12-20.png

0 Likes
Joy-O-Joy
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi. I'm still waiting for a reply, can you help?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Joy-O-Joy,

I would love to help. When you go into this persons contact in your contact list, do they have the vzwpix.com showing up anywhere in the info for that contact? Instead of doing a factory reset on the device let's just reset the Text message application. Go into Settings, Application Manager, slide the screen to the left to get to the "ALL" section, scroll down until you get to "Messages", tap on messages, Tap on clear data, clear cache, and force stop. Once that is done go back to the Messages app delete the text message thread that has the vzwpix.com in it and send a brand new text to that person. Keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Joy-Oh-Joy
Enthusiast - Level 2

It did not work. I cleared the cached, deleted all messages, went to text my daughter again and it immediately came up as 541990xxxx@vzwpix.com

0 Likes
Not applicable

This can happen when the prefix of @vzwtxt.com is in the contact entry.

Simple fix is to edit the contact, or any contact with this cell number it can be in email or phone number entry in the contacts list.

Once edited out the number will be the only thing you see when sending or receiving messages.

You must look in every contact entry to insure the vtxt is gone. Good idea to check and see if you have it in the contacts for anyone else. After they are all edited out, the problem is fixed.

Good Luck

0 Likes