Activate New S5 with Old Droid X Number
obxpirate

I am replacing a Droid X with a S5 and wanted to keep my unlimited data plan. One of the reps said I would need to order the S5 without service and then transfer my old number over to the new phone.  I now have received the new phone.  Since the old phone does not have a sim card, how do I activate the new one?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Activate New S5 with Old Droid X Number
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We'll get the phone activated and you enjoying ASAP obxpirate! Please follow these steps http://vz.to/1fmtBd9 . If you'll like to speak with someone, we're always here to help! Simply call 800-922-0204 or chat with a rep at www.verizonwireless.com/contactus

AshleyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

obxpirate,

Yay for a new phone! The new phone order would need to be placed on a mobile number so it cannot be placed on a line without service. Are you looking to upgrade it on one line then make the device ID change? Please clarify.

KarenC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

did you pay full price or get $100 + $50 rebate upgrade pricing?

my s5 came with a sim card....yours didn't?

it requires it's own sim card & different from s3/4.

0 Likes
obxpirate

Thanks for the reply.  I have 2 phones (mine and my wife's) with you.  I am trying to have the new S5 replace her old Droid X.  This is the way the rep told me to do it.  Even stayed on chat while I placed the order.  So I have the new phone to activate and her old phone to deactivate while keeping the same number and same plan she has now.  Does that help.

0 Likes
obxpirate

Full price.  The sim card is there.  I just can't dial with the new phone.  I also can't use Setup to activate.  The old phone has no sim card -- never did.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sign into your MyVerizon account online and choose the Activate/Switch Device option. Then select the line your want to activate the phone on. Follow the prompts to input the IMEI number of the phone and the SIM card number. I have heard of a new step in the beginning of the process where you have to receive a verification code on the old phone before you can turn it off and activate the new phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
obxpirate

Thanks.  I'll give it a try.  Do I find the sim card number on the card itself?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

obxpirate wrote:

Thanks.  I'll give it a try.  Do I find the sim card number on the card itself?

yes

0 Likes
obxpirate

Didn't ask for the SIM Card # but won't text me a confirmation number.  I may just have to call on another phone unless anyone has a better idea.

0 Likes
obxpirate

I'm getting very frustrated.  By the time I get a text confirmation pin it's been so long that I have been logged out and it will not work.  Can't I call someone?

0 Likes