Android update and public Wi-Fi
kssilva

Got the new Android upday today (I have an  S6) and tonight I couldn't connect to a public Wi-Fi network.  How do i fix this?  I had no issues connecting before the update.

0 Likes
Re: Android update and public Wi-Fi
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I Kssilva,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We certainly want to make sure that you can connect to all Wi-Fi connections possible. Does it give you an error message when trying to connect?

NicoleT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get you connected to your network again, Kssilva. Have you tried to delete and add the network again after the update? Are you having issues connecting to other Wi-Fi sources? Does your Galaxy S6 / S6+ give you an error when you try to connect or bring up a website to set up the public network?

JoshuaT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
kssilva

I  don't know if I deleted the network was deleted or not. I tapped forget but i don't think it deleted.   How do i delete it?  The Wi-Fi icon at the top of my screen will show an exclamation point on it and I get a message that says the internet may be unavailable.   This is a public network at my work.  I haven't tried a lot of other public networks yet but the couple i have seem to be ok.  But literally the day before the update I was able to connect with no problem.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Forgetting the network would service the same purpose as deleting it. I'm not seeing any known issues so far with this update on that device. Have you attempted resetting your network settings altogether on the device?

TylerK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
kssilva

I did reset the network settings and it didn't change anything.   I also took off the auto connect option just in case, but the same thing happened.  When I try to connect I get a message that says "the internet may not be available" but the connection strength is really good, but then I get messages about the security certificates and that it's  not a secure network for the two emails I have set up in the Microsoft exchange server.   I try and through those and nothing changes.   I continue to be able to connect to other public networks with no problem.  Other than restoring to the factory default i don't know what else to do.

0 Likes
kssilva

So last night it did connect...im not sure what I did but it worked.  Hopefully when I go back this weekend it does it again.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It is great to hear that you've established a connection to a public network kssilva. I too have experienced an issue that resolved itself without me knowing what action did the trick. Please monitor the connection and get back to us if you find that you're unable to connect again in the future.

LaSindaT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my  response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button  under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our  conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes