Email app has stopped working! Can anyone help?
Mamaglad

I have a Samsung Stratosphere and have never had any problems until a couple weeks ago.  The email app will not syn.  I can not enter new password.  I have even tried to delete the account but it will not let me pass the 503 error code.  I am still able to access email through my browser, but I can not get alerts on my screen.  Facebook is working fine and I still get those notices.  I have tried everything I know to get around this 503 code but to no avail.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Email app has stopped working! Can anyone help?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

There are several threads about this issue on this forum if you want to do a search.  The main culprits seem to be Yahoo and AOL.  You might try setting your e-mail up under 'Other', use the Yahoo Mail app from Google Play, or try another e-mail app such as K-9 (from Google Play).

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mamaglad, I want you to be glad again with your Stratosphere! It sounds like this may be an issue with the email app itself on the phone since it won't allow you to delete it. Please clear cache from your email app by going to Settings, Apps, Manage Apps, All, Email. First force close, then clear data and cache. Attempt to setup the email again.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
tamerg
Enthusiast - Level 3

Marquia,  That fix does not work!  I have been having the same problem with my Galaxy S3.  It will not allow you to clear the data because the button is shaded out/unavailable.  I have seen many threads on this topic trying to fix my phone.  Some sites say it's Google's servers some say it's Verizon's. I don't give a damn whose server it is, but Verizon and Google techs better start talking and fixing the damn problem.  Its been almost a month now and there are so many of us with the problem.  Fix it!

Mamaglad

Thank you so much!  This worked for me.  I was able to clear the data on the emails but the cache would not allow me to select it.  After clearing the data, I reinstalled the email and it is now working great. 

Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 08:53:17 -0700

<personal information removed>

Subject: Re: Email app has stopped working!  Can anyone help? - Re: Email app has stopped working!  Can anyone help?

Re: Email app has stopped working!  Can anyone help?

created by Verizon Wireless Customer Support in Samsung Galaxy S III - View the full discussion

Mamaglad, I want you to be glad again with your Stratosphere! It sounds like this may be an issue with the email app itself on the phone since it won't allow you to delete it. Please clear cache from your email app by going to Settings, Apps, Manage Apps, All, Email. First force close, then clear data and cache. Attempt to setup the email again.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

MarquiaF_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Verizon Wireless Community

Start a new discussion in Samsung Galaxy S III by email or at Verizon Wireless Community

© 2011 Verizon Wireless

Verizon Wireless | One Verizon Way | Mail Code: 180WVB | Basking Ridge, NJ 07920

We respect your privacy.  Please review our privacy policy for more information.

Not interested in these emails anymore, or want to change how often they come? Update your email preferences.

0 Likes