Galaxy S3 no longer connects to PC via USB after 4.3 Update
Mshine

Can anyone else verify on the Verizon JB4.3 update, that connecting their Galaxy S3
to their PC, only initiates charging, but no longer makes the connection for data transfers.

Developer Mode is active, and USB Debugging checked.

0 Likes
Re: Galaxy S3 no longer connects to PC via USB after 4.3 Update
troybn

You mean you were able to perform data transfer before the upgrade to 4.3? I've been trying to find a way to do this since I bought the S3 earlier this year. Verizon finally told me it wasn't possible. I still running 4.1.2. My solution is to pull my SD card from the S3, plug it into my old phone (Bionic), make the connection between PC and Bionic, copy the mp3 files onto the SD card, and then put the SD card back into the S3. Nothing like advanced technology. (unless you can tell me something I'm doing wrong or not doing. Yep, Debugging checked, etc. Sorry...haven't helped you with your issue.)

0 Likes
Mshine

This is how I enabled USB under 4.1.2

Unplug phone from PC.

Enable Developer Options:
MENU>SETTINGS>ABOUT PHONE>
Scroll down to the "greyed out" "BUILD NUMBER"
and tap it 5 times (possibly 7), you will see little
alerts telling you how many more times to tap.

Now go back to:
MENU>SETTINGS>DEVELOPER OPTIONS should be visible now!
Under developer options settings, check the box "USB DEBUGGING"

Next download the Samsung Galaxy USB drivers onto
your PC.
http://www.samsung.com/us/support/downloads

Choose your model and carrier.
Install and reboot.

Now when you connect your Galaxy it will either auto open
Windows Explorer (if PC), or if not, pull down the taskbar
on your droid, and under USB connection, you can select
Media Transer option.. MTD I think? or MTP. I can't
verify because it doesn't appear anymore after the 4.3 update

Give it about 30 seconds to connect, and it should appear
in Windows My Computer list of available drives.. SCH-1535 I believe. if Verizon

0 Likes
JamesC3rd

Same problem here. It just bounces back and forth between "installer" and multimedia device for usb options. Even if I check a a different option it constantly bounces rapidly back and forth between them. Didn't have this problem prior to the updates. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers etc, developer tools with usb debugging didn't do much either. Haven't tried a factory reset just yet since I've read here that it also doesn't do any good.

0 Likes
CharlesThomas

I ran into this problem last night.  At least,  I wish that I could call it a problem -- and not a catastrophe

I am in the middle of programming for a delivery next week... and all of a sudden i can no longer connect to transfer executables.   I did not agree to be disconnected; but then I didn't agree to the update either.  I am sure there is some legalese that verizon will use... but it boils down to this....

Let's say that my lawyer, who I will be talking to next week - goes out to get in his car to go into court... that's his job.. it's how he makes his money.   But on this particular morning.... he pushes the button to start the car and nothing happens... because the car did an update during the night.

I "pushed the button" and nothing happened.   I made sure the debugger options were unhidden and selected.  Still.. next week I get to talk with my investors and explain why I can't show them something.   

Thanks Verizon.

0 Likes
CharlesThomas

::sigh::  I think I'll just call the stupid police.. on myself.  It turns out that I had a USB cable go bad... and that kept device from connecting.  Swapped the cable and everything worked.

0 Likes
itpoint

let it go everything.!                                                                                                             

what we need to do after update galaxy Samsung s3

go to dial pad and dial *#0808#

it will show you USB setting menu

Now look down And chose AP in 1st part

than in 2cnd part chose MTP+ADB

that's it....Done

Now connect your Device It should be connect with port....images.jpg

0 Likes
mohamed1966

thank you itpoint

your answer resolved my problem.