How do i find a text message i saved?
HAPPYBERT

I saved a text message, but I don't know how to access it.  Suggestions?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do i find a text message i saved?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

By 'saved' do you mean you long-pressed the text and then chose to 'save' it?  If so, if you are using the stock message app (white envelope on yellow background), the file will be in the phone's Messaging folder and will have a file name that begins with SMS.  You should be able to access it by opening the My Files app, then tap Device Storage, then tap Messaging.

If you're using the Verizon Messages app (white text bubbles on red background) and long-pressed a text message to save it, it'll be in the phone's VZMessages folder and will have a file name that begins with msg.  Again, you should be able to access it by opening the My Files app, then tap Device Storage, then tap VZMessages.

If you used a different method to save the text, please post back.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

By 'saved' do you mean you long-pressed the text and then chose to 'save' it?  If so, if you are using the stock message app (white envelope on yellow background), the file will be in the phone's Messaging folder and will have a file name that begins with SMS.  You should be able to access it by opening the My Files app, then tap Device Storage, then tap Messaging.

If you're using the Verizon Messages app (white text bubbles on red background) and long-pressed a text message to save it, it'll be in the phone's VZMessages folder and will have a file name that begins with msg.  Again, you should be able to access it by opening the My Files app, then tap Device Storage, then tap VZMessages.

If you used a different method to save the text, please post back.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

As an alternative, there are apps you can use to save your texts, such as

SMS Backup & Restore - Android Apps on Google Play