Mobile network connectivity problem after Lollipop update
camich27

I completed the lollipop update a few days ago.  I work in a building with very poor network signal coverage and I regularly lose connection when I walk in.  Prior to the update, when I needed connection I would simply walk to the lobby, wait a few seconds and have connection to the mobile network quickly re-established.  Since the update, the connection to the mobile network is never re-established.  I've waited 30 minutes, driving home in areas with very good signal coverage and the network connection never comes back.  If I re-start the phone the connection comes right up. This doesn't affect Wi-Fi, bluetooth or the GPS signal, seemingly just the CDMA/LTE radio.

Any ideas?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Mobile network connectivity problem after Lollipop update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
camich27,

We definitely want you to be able to have service... and keep it. I would recommend trying either one of these: 1) trying to swap out the sim card to see if you notice a difference. You can stop by a VZW store location to have swapped out or we can always mail one out to you. And then 2) if the same, I would make sure your device is backed up and perform a factory reset: http://vz.to/1Hiftn1

Keep us posted if you notice any differences.

ChristinaM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
I am sorry to hear of the trouble you are having with your signal since the software update! Since the update has been completed, have you removed your sim card http://spr.ly/65867gxj for 2 minutes and replaced to reboot the sim connection to the network? Lets give this a try and keep me posted with the results. Thanks!
BryanS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
camich27

First, let me thank you for taking an interest in my problem.   I have tried the method you suggested (reboot the sim connection) twice to no avail - the problem continues to occur. I kept the SIM card out for 10 minutes the second time just to be sure.  I also have tried switching to airplane mode and back a few times in an effort to "re-initialize" the network connection but that does not work either. The only method to re-establish connectivity that I've found is to restart the phone.   As I said in the posting, WiFi, Bluetooth and the GPS all work fine - it seems to be just the CMDA/LTE radio. I've also tried switching from Global to CDMA/LTE in the mobile network menu - that does not seem to matter. 

Could it be a problem with the SIM card?

0 Likes
camich27

First, let me thank you for taking an interest in my problem. I have tried the method you suggested (reboot the sim connection) twice to no avail - the problem continues to occur. I kept the SIM card out for 10 minutes the second time just to be sure. I also have tried switching to airplane mode and back a few times in an effort to "re-initialize" the network connection but that does not work either. The only method to re-establish connectivity that I've found is to restart the phone. As I said in the posting, WiFi, Bluetooth and the GPS all work fine - it seems to be just the CMDA/LTE radio. I've also tried switching from Global to CDMA/LTE in the mobile network menu - that does not seem to matter.

Could it be a problem with the SIM card?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
camich27,

We definitely want you to be able to have service... and keep it. I would recommend trying either one of these: 1) trying to swap out the sim card to see if you notice a difference. You can stop by a VZW store location to have swapped out or we can always mail one out to you. And then 2) if the same, I would make sure your device is backed up and perform a factory reset: http://vz.to/1Hiftn1

Keep us posted if you notice any differences.

ChristinaM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Hi Camich27, I am sorry that you are having connectivity issues with your Samsung phone after the Lollipop update. Your next step would be to Wipe Cache Partition? http://vz.to/1IDH7tl Also, please update all of your applications in the Play Store. This should work for you. Please keep us updated.

The function of the Sim card to to provide 4G connectivity.  I would try the steps above to resolve your issue first.

AllisonC_VZW

0 Likes