Network mode not on a preferred setting but don't have choices to change network
MonikaToney
Enthusiast - Level 1

When my phone does the device health check, it tells me that there is a connectivity issue. When I click it I get a screen that tells me "your phone could be on a better network. your phone can't automatically switch to a faster network if it's available. You're better off in lte/cdma or global modes for better signal strength.". When I click the button at the bottom that says "see settings", it just takes me to the general settings page, rather than the relevant page for changing the setting. 

I've looked at the network settings and don't see anywhere I can adjust the network mode.

Labels (1)
Re: Network mode not on a preferred setting but don't have choices to change network
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would be more than happy to assist you with this process. To allow us to do so, please provide us with the make and model of your device. 

VZW_RobertH

0 Likes
Re: Network mode not on a preferred setting but don't have choices to change network
MonikaToney
Enthusiast - Level 1

It's a samsung galaxy S21 ultra

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for letting me know that you have a Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G, MonikaToney. Please make sure that the phone is set to automatic. Here's how: http://spr.ly/6602HS7kg You'll want to ensure that roaming is enabled as well, here's how: http://spr.ly/6603HS7k9 Also, I know you mentioned that the phone mentioned a connectivity issue in the health check but are you experiencing issues? If so, what sort of issues are you having exactly? -RSM

0 Likes
Dsteward
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have the same issue on the same phone.....my network mode is set to automatic and data roaming access is turned on.   This is flagged as a connectivity issue when running a device health check from the my Verizon app 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's see what we can do to turn things around. What model phone do you have? Are you currently experiencing any service issues? 

0 Likes
Dsteward
Enthusiast - Level 3

Samsung s21 ultra.  I am not having any service issue but why am I being told I am not on a preferred setting and could be on a better network when my network mode is set to automatic and data roaming access is turned on?

Dsteward
Enthusiast - Level 3

Any update?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We recommend disregarding the message it displays, Dsteward. If you are not having any service issues, there is nothing wrong with the current Network Mode Setting.     -Marshall

Dsteward
Enthusiast - Level 3

So is Verizon going to correct the diagnostics it provides to its customers so Verizon isn't providing its customers incorrect information?