The new update deleted the ability to customize message tones to my contacts
MONIGIRL33
Enthusiast - Level 1

Before the update I was able to customize message ringtones to my contacts. When I go to edit a contact I do not have that option .

Re: The new update deleted the ability to customize message tones to my contacts
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It can be problematic when an update changes how you get things done on your phone, MONIGIRL33. I want to make sure you can still assign ringtones to individual contacts within your messaging app. To confirm, which messaging app are you using? Is the pre-installed application or something different? 

RyanM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: The new update deleted the ability to customize message tones to my contacts
Vsgirl8600
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having the same problem.  I use the Messages app with the little yellow envelop icon.

MONIGIRL33
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am also using the pre installed messaging app. Is there a way to fix this? Please advise

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MONIGIRL33, which update was it that caused you problems? Was it the Android 8.0 update, or something else? Knowing exactly what happened, will definitely better help us in figuring out what is going on, and how to fix your issues, too.

SeaneB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
TCMCKEAGUE
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same problem, it took almost a year to customize my phone, all my sounds are gone that we're assigned to certain contacts. More my phone makes sounds for everything and I can't decipher what anything is,  I hate it! It doesn't matter what message app I'm using, it doesn't work,  how do we fix it?

lmg251
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same problem.  My phone updated last night and today all of my customization to my contacts are gone within the messages app.  Very irritated by this,  no reason for an update to mess with the settings in your phone for your contacts. It appears that the entire section for customization of the messages app has been removed.  Not happy!

bear142023

I am having the same problem. My phone updated today and now everything is gone. NOT HAPPPY WITH THE UPDATE. PLEASE FIX ASAP.

0 Likes
BCBOY1985

Is there a way that we can reverse the update. Since completing this update my badge numberings have stopped working on my e-mail, and other applications even though they are set to show them.  Also, I hate the google messaging app and want to use one of my choice.  The function that would save your usernames and passwords has changed and it no longer keeps my user names for programs I use everyday.  The new app will not save my username for it no matter how many times I tell it to.

Please let me know if I can undo this update and please pass along to Google I went with them because I wanted an open program where I get to choose what I want to use.  This is more like our friends in Apple and it SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want the updates to make your phone even better, BCBOY1985. While we cannot remove the update once it has been installed, we can make things work as designed. Let's first look into the missing notifications on your email. Are you using the default email app or one that was installed from the Play Store? Are the new emails still coming in, just no notification on the app? Do you get the notification at the top of the screen when an email comes in?

NicoleB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes