Visual Voice Mail - Error Code 9009
swimraft
Enthusiast - Level 3

Galaxy S10+ Android 12, Premium Visual Voice Mail stopped downloading new messages.  Support said I should Delete Data and reboot.  I did that on several apps and it seemed to work, but I had to delete data nearly daily.  Then I thought perhaps I was supposed to delete data from the Voice Mail App.  I was cautious but read online that someone else did and it worked (for a different problem) with no problems.  After I deleted the data for the Voice Mail App, I received the error code 9009.  The error code is displayed immediately after "Please wait while we check our account information" is displayed for a while.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Visual Voice Mail - Error Code 9009
swimraft
Enthusiast - Level 3

My app does not give me the on screen prompts after I reset the app as described   "now open the voicemail app again, and follow the on screen prompts".  It simply gives me the error message after roughly 1/2 minute.  I had recently upgraded my data plan, could that be a problem?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, swimraft. To confirm, do you still receive this error code. Also, does the error pop up when you open the Visual Voicemail app or by doing something else? 

*Cassie

0 Likes
swimraft
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, I do receive the error when I open the App.  It takes a while to appear but after roughly 1/2 a minute, it does when I attempt to open the App.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Swimraft, we are here to help. The Visual Voicemail Application requires a connection to our cellular data network. Make sure Mobile data is turned on, and you're able to access data with Wi-Fi turned off. If you're outside the data coverage area, or have Mobile Data Disabled on your device, you won't be able to check messages or get notifications.

So... what if you can't access mobile data? Well, you'll still get a missed call indicator, and you can still dial *86 to check for new voicemails. If mobile data works, but you're still having trouble, try powercycling your phone. Many times just powering the device off and on can fix temporary issues.

If that doesn't do the trick, try resetting the Voicemail app. This will -not- delete any voicemail messages; it will only reset the app itself.

You'll typically find it under: settings: then Apps or Applications. Now we'll need to locate the Visual Voicemail App. Tap the app, then tap force stop, then confirm.

Now, tap Storage, then Clear Data. Tap to confirm.

Now open the voicemail app again, and follow the on screen prompts. Then, retest to make sure your issue is fixed!

-Nicci

0 Likes
swimraft
Enthusiast - Level 3

My app does not give me the on screen prompts after I reset the app as described   "now open the voicemail app again, and follow the on screen prompts".  It simply gives me the error message after roughly 1/2 minute.  I had recently upgraded my data plan, could that be a problem?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello. I would be wondering what is going on with my visual voicemail too. I would love to see what is going on. What happens when you check your regular voicemail? (*86) 

-Amber

0 Likes