"DQA Keeps stopping" Error Message
CLASSICMIKE1967
Enthusiast - Level 1

Getting "DQA Keeps stopping" message after i did the security update. Anyone know how to fix? I have a S8 Plus

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: "DQA Keeps stopping" Error Message
yarelim_vzw
Verizon Employee

We appreciate everyone's patience while the team worked on providing us a fix. As most of you have noticed, S8/S8+ users who are having this issue should be and will be notified by Galaxy Apps for an upgrade (over the air)  to address the issue.

yarelim_vzw

View solution in original post

0 Likes
despite
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same here. Got my S8 today, did the Android update and now "DQA keep stopping" popup in the middle of my screen over and over.

MRE77

Same with mine. I had to restart my phone a few times but this last time it popped up once and hasn't been back. Has anyone found anything else out yet??

0 Likes
Lazyasyou
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've restarted mine 5 or 6 times and it is still popping up all the time.

0 Likes
despite
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon customer service replied to me on twitter. I'll report back what I find out.

tomnj
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same issue here.

0 Likes
Serenal
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had luck doing this:

1. Go to the App Manager under settings

2. Use the drop-down menu in the top right to enable "Show System Apps"

3. Find DQA from the app list

4. Select "Data Usage"

5. Disable "Allow background data usage"

Since I don't know what DQA is, I wouldn't call this a long-term solution, but it should hold until Samsung can issue a fix/patch. Let me know if this helped, it worked for me! I saw other people on other boards suggest doing a system catch from Recovery mode, but that didn't do it for me, nor did restarting my phone several times.

tastous
Enthusiast - Level 1

Got the same issue after the update. It seems related to wifi. I don't  get the message when i  wifi off. Dqa stands for data quality assessment,  so it seems to be a bhug in this update that affects wifi.it also slows down connection.

BRIBEL61
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes.  It seems to only happen with WiFi on. 

despite
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon customer service is telling me to force quit DQA via the system app manager.