Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
"DQA Keeps stopping" Error Message
CLASSICMIKE1967

Getting "DQA Keeps stopping" message after i did the security update. Anyone know how to fix? I have a S8 Plus

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: "DQA Keeps stopping" Error Message
yarelim_vzw
Verizon Employee

We appreciate everyone's patience while the team worked on providing us a fix. As most of you have noticed, S8/S8+ users who are having this issue should be and will be notified by Galaxy Apps for an upgrade (over the air)  to address the issue.

yarelim_vzw

View solution in original post

0 Likes
despite

Same here. Got my S8 today, did the Android update and now "DQA keep stopping" popup in the middle of my screen over and over.

MRE77

Same with mine. I had to restart my phone a few times but this last time it popped up once and hasn't been back. Has anyone found anything else out yet??

0 Likes
Lazyasyou

I've restarted mine 5 or 6 times and it is still popping up all the time.

0 Likes
despite

Verizon customer service replied to me on twitter. I'll report back what I find out.

tomnj

Same issue here.

0 Likes
Serenal

I had luck doing this:

1. Go to the App Manager under settings

2. Use the drop-down menu in the top right to enable "Show System Apps"

3. Find DQA from the app list

4. Select "Data Usage"

5. Disable "Allow background data usage"

Since I don't know what DQA is, I wouldn't call this a long-term solution, but it should hold until Samsung can issue a fix/patch. Let me know if this helped, it worked for me! I saw other people on other boards suggest doing a system catch from Recovery mode, but that didn't do it for me, nor did restarting my phone several times.

tastous

Got the same issue after the update. It seems related to wifi. I don't  get the message when i  wifi off. Dqa stands for data quality assessment,  so it seems to be a bhug in this update that affects wifi.it also slows down connection.

BRIBEL61

Yes.  It seems to only happen with WiFi on. 

despite

Verizon customer service is telling me to force quit DQA via the system app manager.