After Marshmallow update 6/28/2016 -Power Saving mode problems.
MAGUMLMM
Enthusiast - Level 2

After Marshmallow update 6/28/2016 the Power Saving mode keeps turning off at random.

And when it is on the PERMANENT notification icon is not only ANNOYING, but blocks important info on lock screen where I have info to return phone if found.

0 Likes
Re: After Marshmallow update 6/28/2016 -Power Saving mode problems.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MAGUMLMM,

We never like to hear you are having issues with your device. Let's work together to get this resolved. Are all your apps up to date? Have you tried using the Software Repair Assistant? http://spr.ly/6586BvmoM

DerekR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
TJESTE01
Enthusiast - Level 2

The new power saving mode is confusing. I always had it checked before the update.

After the update it puts a message and an icon on the phone. I wasn't able to get emails even when inside the email app. I can't find any documentation about the old way and this new way.

Does anyone have a link to any info on the changes that were made?

0 Likes
The_Sim
Contributor - Level 1

I've noticed something similar - I use the "My Places" widget, and it no longer automatically stays on Power Save mode on the "Out and About" mode. I need to reactivate it manually every time (it used to stay on automatically in this mode). Also, the annoying ongoing notification as you pointed out (as well as the annoying notification when the battery is fully charged).

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, TJESTEO1. It is important to us that this great feature work properly for you and I am happy to help.

I have additional details on the feature itself here http://vz.to/29h8FYH For additional information on the update, visit our software release page. I have included a link for you http://vz.to/1Ucv2iJ I do hope this information is helpful and please reach back out for any other questions or concerns. Thank you for being the best part of Verizon.

SteveR_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
MAGUMLMM
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have done a factory reset about a month ago now. Bluetooth is still dropping in and out on calls constantly, Battery drain is ridiculous. Wifi is totally unpredictable unless power saving is off. Apps don't sync in Power saving mode either.

Then last Sunday my phone suddenly shut down and rebooted while I was driving (using up to date Waze app at the time.) When it came back up I couldn't stop to enter my password to log back onto the phone since the 6.0.1 now requires that after restarting. When I arrived at my destination and logged into the phone all my settings and my lock screen picture were GONE.

Now the Bluetooth is worse than ever. Battery drain is worse. Wifi still not working right. And the phone randomly flashes the camera flash for no reason. I checked and the flash notification under accessibility for hearing is NOT selected.

I went to the Verizon store where I bought the phone and they sent me to Best Buy to talk to the Samsung techs there but they were already gone for the day. I've had the phone now for only 14 months. Before the Marshmallow update is was WONDERFUL> Now it's totally unreliable!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MAGUMLMM, I truly appreciate all the steps you have taken thus far to resolve this issue. The absolute goal is to ensure you have a working phone as I know it is how we stay connected to the world. The best next step would be to perform the software repair as it will not only wipe the phone clean (factory data reset) but it will also rewrite the software. This extra step is needed as what you are describing is all software related. Please click here for the steps and please keep us posted on your progress. http://spr.ly/6586BFxAs

NatashaA_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes