After Oreo Update on S7
LETFRA35
Enthusiast - Level 2

Software update to Oreo and now e-mail icons no longer show new e-mail notifications.  How do I correct

Tags (1)
Re: After Oreo Update on S7
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I rely on my emails to keep me connected and definitely want you to be able to rely on your email notifications, LETFEA35. Let's take a closer look into this. Please ensure your notifications are turned on, http://spr.ly/6589DYNpX. What type of email account is this for? Are you receiving notifications for other features of the phone such as calls and text messages? 

Danielle_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

settings/notifications....select those that you want to notified!!

MattDC09
Enthusiast - Level 2

It will notify me if I get a new email, but I don't like that. It won't show a badge icon when I have new emails. Regardless of the setting TO show the badge.

LETFRA35
Enthusiast - Level 2

Did not resolve problems 

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LETFRA35, we are here to continue working toward a resolution. bearone21 provided some good information, which normally helps with notifications. We will need to gather a few more details before we proceed. What type of email account is this for? Are you receiving notifications for other services, such as text? When receiving an email do you receive a sound notification?  

David_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
LETFRA35
Enthusiast - Level 2

Than you for your help. I am recieving text notifications  but not for gmail or hotmail even though notifications are selected under tools etc

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the additional details, LETFRA35. MattDC09, LETFRA35

the first step is to reset the apps you are having the notification issues with using the steps on the following web page https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-203565/. Then power the phone off and on for a quick reset and let us know if the notifications work.  

David_VZW

0 Likes
LETFRA35
Enthusiast - Level 2

link does not work

On Tue, Jun 19, 2018 at 1:44 PM, vzw_customer_support <

dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

This could be a bug.

My S7E stopped showing the number of new Emails for Samsung's stock Email app after the Oreo upgrade. It did work properly prior to the upgrade. The new Email icon does appear in the top bar though. Notifications are set properly. I even did a factory default to cover all the bases. No change.

Between this....and....the continuing inability to retrieve my "@verizon.net" Emails....using the stock Samsung Email app....on my Samsung Galaxy S4, I'm at a complete loss for words.