After Oreo....
MattDC09
Enthusiast - Level 2

After the Oreo update, none of my badges work. I keep almost every notification save for my messaging apps, turned off. I hate that when you swipe a notification away it clears the badge icon as well. But there is no badge icon coming up for my email or Facebook. Is this a bug, or an oversight on the Oreo update? How can I complain to get it fixed?

Re: After Oreo....
Klue
Master - Level 1

Go to Settings>Notifications>Then make sure App icon badges is turned on. Then turn on the individual App that you the numerical value applied to.

0 Likes
MattDC09
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have done that. It has made no diffetence.

Klue
Master - Level 1

When you are in notifications, tap the bar that says App icon badges and another page comes up asking if you want show with number  or show without number.

MattDC09
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes. I have done every step required. Once again, so c ei have the pop up notifications turned off, it does not even put a badge next to the email. Previously  I could monitor how many emails judging the badge icon number displayed. With the update, that is apparently no longer viable.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It’s important that you can keep track of your emails and messages with the badge notification, MattDC09. I appreciate all of your efforts so far, and I wanted to gather some additional information. You mentioned your email and Facebook, do other applications still have a badge notification? Also, you mentioned that you have pop-up notifications off, what happens if you enable them? Does this behavior also happen in Safe Mode? Here’s how to restart in safe mode: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-203892/ Have you checked for application updates since Oreo was installed?

Joseph_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MattDC09
Enthusiast - Level 2

I do constantly check for the updates, and have kept them all up to date. Messages+ and Snapchat's badges work correctly, (I still dislike when you swipe a notification  away it deletes the badges, that should be an option, not a standard) but email and Facebook do not.

0 Likes
MattDC09
Enthusiast - Level 2

I tried restarting in safe mode, but it made no difference. All it did was mess up my custom settings and theme upon turning safe mode off.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate completing that step, MattDC09. I researched further into this issue and the Oreo update. With software relating concerns, we always recommend reaching out to the manufacturer directly. We don't really have a say in when updates are released, or what changes are made. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience.

Marshall_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MattDC09
Enthusiast - Level 2

I completely understand. I figured it's. Some sort of Compatibility issue that will hopefully be resolved. After all, only a few days since it's release. We shall see if it works itself out.

0 Likes