After the kit kat update, S voice doesn't seem to work any more to wake up my phone. I've redone all settings for it with no luck.
jbal
Enthusiast - Level 3

"Hi Galaxy" will not wake up my phone after updating to 4.4.2. Is there any solution? I went back to scratch and did all settings to no avail.

0 Likes
Re: After the kit kat update, S voice doesn't seem to work any more to wake up my phone. I've redone all settings for it with no luck.
HighVoltage357
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been on the phone with Samsung for over an hour.  They do not have a fix. This sucks. I used this feature all day while driving.

0 Likes
Re: After the kit kat update, S voice doesn't seem to work any more to wake up my phone. I've redone all settings for it with no luck.
HighVoltage357
Enthusiast - Level 1

Okay after two hours I got a tech on the phone that accessed the task manager and did a cache clean up on the entire phone.  This worked and now Hi Galaxy will wake up the phone.

1. Go to Settings/Application Manager.  Slide the screen to reveal ALL applications then scroll down to S Voice.  Hit CLEAR CACHE.  Then while you are still on that screen hold down the home button and hit Task Manager on the bottom left.  Under RAM click CLEAR MEMORY over and over until zero applications are closed.  Then restart the phone.

2. After the restart turn the phone back off.  Once the phone is off you will hold the UP VOLUME, HOME BUTTON and then hold POWER at the same time.  Once the phone turns on you can let go of the Power Button.  RECOVERY BOOT will appear in the top left.  You will come to a menu of options up in the top left corner.  Use the VOLUME DOWN button to highlight WIPE CACHE PARTITION.  You will select this option by pressing the POWER BUTTON.  When this short process is over it will highlight REBOOT and just hit POWER again to reset.

Hope this works for you.

jbal
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'll give it a try but thanks in advance!

0 Likes
jbal
Enthusiast - Level 3

I completed the first part but it never went to 0 applications, just went to 1 over and over. I hit restart but I'm not sure if I should continue to the second part.

0 Likes
jbal
Enthusiast - Level 3

It would not turn on again so I went through the rest of the process and rebooted the system. Still doesn't seem to work though.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh my, jbal. Thanks for doing all that you have done to troubleshoot S Voice since the update. Have you tried to see if S Voice works in Safe Mode http://vz.to/1azw3ZB?

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jbal
Enthusiast - Level 3

Since my original attempt in going through the process with no luck, I went through it again but disconnected everything I could first then repeated the steps. I'm not sure exactly what could have been that different from before but this time it worked! So it appears all is in order now.

I apologize to highvoltage357 for doubting his help and thank Verizon for giving me another alternative.

0 Likes