Re: After update to 4.3... "Your internet connection is unstable"
lweb
Enthusiast - Level 1

Add me to the list....disabled wifi for a couple of hours and saw a vast improvement.  I was seeing a 10% drop an hour.  I have disabled or stopped any additional apps that I dont use- didnt work.  Seems to just be the wifi- will be turning off bluetooth as well to see if this improves the life.

Gotta think some exec is behind a big desk rubbing his hands together laughing about this...have turn off the wifi which in turn uses more data which coincidentally has been capped by most carriers causing (you guessed it) data overages.  Verizon is so slow to send out the updates in the first place with "testing" (and adding their bloatware which I believe 95% of people dont even use) it makes it hard to believe that they didnt know this was coming.

Re: After update to 4.3... "Your internet connection is unstable"
misterjim
Enthusiast - Level 3

I would add that the increased battery drain will diminish battery life*, and a fair number of users will opt to trade up to a new phone because the may not understand that they can replace the battery, may not know that the battery is a problem, or will not want to go through the trouble. (Former iPhone users, for example, will be accustomed to a non-replaceable battery.) Verizon, if they are even aware of the problem, may see this as a win.

* -- All batteries have a finite number of charge/discharge cycles