Amazon will refund Note7 accessories
kathy65793
Master - Level 1
0 Likes
Re: Amazon will refund Note7 accessories
jmcolter
Enthusiast - Level 3

Good to see there are companies that understand customer service.

Take notes Verizon.

Dresdens
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well, I am online right now with Amazon and they are pushing back on this.  Telling me I am past the window.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Amazon is giving refunds for accessories purchased at other retailers? I don't think so. Only those purchased from Amazon, JUST LIKE VERIZON is only giving refunds on accessories purchased from Verizon.Smiley Happy

0 Likes
tk3765
Contributor - Level 3

I just went to the Amazon site.  Granted I am within the 30-day window so I don't have that fuss but I did go into the "Contact Us" link for the return rather than go through regular channels.  I noted that I don't have the original boxes for any of the items, in this case a case, screen protector (one of which is on the phone itself so the box only has one), and a desk charger.

Labels are already available for printing, but, the rub is that the consumer has to pay for return shipping, which is going to reduce the refund.

The question will come up as to whether or not Amazon accepts the returns without original packaging..not that the items could be used anyway.

0 Likes
tk3765
Contributor - Level 3

Addendum...I just got off chat with a service rep.  Return and refund of items for Note 7 bought via Amazon confirmed.  Also, original packaging not required but rep indicated they would note that in the account.  One cautionary is that if a screen protector is involved, and you still have the phone, remove the screen protector and put it in the package.  As I indicated above, I had a package with two protectors; one used on the phone, the other still in the box.  It was a 5 minute conversation.

For ease of the chat, have your order number, or numbers, handy..it makes for a faster look-up on their side.

Chat may be found at: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/contact-us

I selected Prime or Something else, then Amazon Business Question across from the number 2; I didn't have to select anything for number 1. The links for contact options appeared underneath (number 3), in yellow.  Just click on chat.

0 Likes
rgang50
Contributor - Level 1

Amazon and the marketplace vendors have accepted my return of the Note 7 protective case and screen protectors for a full refund. In one case I had to parcel post the screen protectors. This was refreshing experience. Something I had not expected. Kudos to Amazon for setting a precedence and holding their marketplace vendors to follow suit.