Android 13 update
Jallis
Contributor - Level 1

When will the S21 phones get the Android 13 update? Thought it was supposed to be Nov.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Android 13 update
jegesq
Enthusiast - Level 2

What model S21 are you asking about? The S21+ already has/is receiving it.

On the other hand, it's now the last day of November and the S21 Ultra is still waiting.

The other S21 models are already said to have received the update, so it's only the S21 Ultra that is going to miss the target of "in November" if it isn't released today (11/30).

BTW, if you call Verizon and speak to their technical support people, they will tell you they have no idea when any update will be issued. No one knows.

0 Likes
fyrewood
Enthusiast - Level 2

11/30/22...I have an unlocked S21 Ultra 5g....I finally got the update around Noon today.

0 Likes
jegesq
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yep, S21 Ultra update of Android 13/One UI 5.0 just dropped this afternoon. Got it at my location around 3:00 p.m. (while I was on the phone with Verizon's tech support people asking them when the update would finally be avaialble....they had no idea). Update downloaded, ran a self-verification, and then literally disappeared for at least a half an hour before the install eventually started (checking System Update during that half hour only returne a message saying "System Update is Temporarily Unavailable"). Eventually the update became availabe to install, and the update was then installed without any further issues.

Samsung said it would release Android 13 and One UI 5.0 for the Galaxy S21 lineup "sometime in November" , and evidently they made it with only a few hours to spare.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Jallis,

It's always great to get the latest updates for the S21, and I'm happy to help out. To ensure you've got the approved software and the latest version, the link here (Samsung Galaxy S21 5G Software Update | Verizon) will go through the details for you. It looks like a new release came out yesterday. Let me know if this helps resolve the matter for you.

-Ryan

0 Likes