Re: Android 4.3 Update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi DoctorW,

I have a Galaxy S3 and experienced the same issues outlined in your post, I feel your pain! I was able to resolve all issues by performing a hard reset http://bit.ly/LfV00q Please do a hard reset and test. Keep us posted.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
zroid
Enthusiast - Level 3

I read some accounts of having problem with rooted device, for some it even worked. But I decided to revert to stock, so may be it proves that you need stock for update. Or may be the wave hit my number ;D

Thanks for your help Ann154!!

0 Likes
Big_Moe

I updated to to 4.3 yesterday morning and I notice a few things.

No lock screen widget support.. plus I can't put apps on the lock screen anymore.

No Knox?

Android 4.3 looks different on this phone compared to all other Samsung phones and carriers.

There are also a few other things but I'm too tired to put 'em up right now.

Goodnight.

0 Likes
Davidoo
Contributor - Level 3

Ann154 wrote:

No wonder you weren't getting the update. You modified the software and voided the warranty in the process. I can't say anymore because of the Terms of Service on the forum.

Not true Ann.  (removed) His phone is now "unmodified" and warranty would apply as usual.  We own the phones, not Verizon.

Comments edited as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
zroid
Enthusiast - Level 3

Davidoo,

With stock rom and not counter triggered it should be  under warranty but my phone is more than a year old so samsung or verizon is not going to give a damn

2 year contract but 1 year warranty.

Davidoo
Contributor - Level 3

Exactly Zroid.  I don't know why some scream about voiding your warranty.  I personally don't change any of the firmware on my phone, but I own the phone and if I wanted to I could.  I guarantee you if my on/off switch or something else related to the actual device went bad and I was still under the one year warranty I could go into a store and have the warranty honored.  99.9% of the people at the store would have no clue whether I had "stock" OS or not.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

no, she just tells folks how it is.

there are apps that will root & reconfigure to factory config & when the phone's been rooted, all bets are off when trying to update to the latest configuration & then whine that it's a warranty issue.

sorry, no sympathy.

cuco86

My s3 says Software update is temporarily unavailable. Try again later. (for 3 days now)  I have ran a hard reset and even the Samsung store at bestbuy reflashed my phone and could not get the update to go.  They said my phone might need to be replaced.

0 Likes
cuco86

Fixed my own problem tried a different sim card and it resolved the Software update is temporarily unavailable. Try again later.

0 Likes
boychik0830
Contributor - Level 1

since upgrading some apps crash upon opening and the only way to fix it is to remove them and put them back on. but they are all games so I do not want to loose game progress. I wish I was back at my previous update where I had less problems then this. I refuse to do a factory reset because I am afraid to loose my stuff. also is there a way to review the preview from the lock screen but not from the status bar. I like having it in the status bar but do not like having it on my lock screen. please help me fix this or make a update to fix this problem thanks.

0 Likes