Android phone not receiving texts from other android users
bmurch71

Two days ago, I realized I was not receiving texts on my Galaxy S10e phone from other Android users.  I can receive texts from iPhone users just fine.  It worked briefly after I cleared the data from the app (default Samsung messages application) and restarted, but I learned today I'm back to not receiving texts from other Android users.  There was a recent change on my account, where the other user on the account switched from an Android phone to an iPhone, but I'm struggling to understand how that change could have impacted my ability to receive texts from Android users.  Any ideas?  (I was on a call with Verizon support yesterday, but they were stumped).

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Android phone not receiving texts from other android users
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure that you are all set with your device. With regard to your device are you using the standard text messaging application? -Jasper

0 Likes
bmurch71

i have tried using both the default Samsung app, and the Google Messages app - both seem to be having the same issue

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate you sharing this with us, bmurch71. We definitely want to make sure that you are able to receive text messages from all devices that send you text messages in the end. While your device is connected to Wi-Fi, when you go to Settings, System updates, and select Check for system updates, is there a system update available to download? -Brett

0 Likes