Another Verizon Rebate Denied - Seems common theme
MPTut05

I am being denied $350 rebate for "Your purchase was not from a participating location."  However, there was no purchase required.  The rebate requirement was just to bring your own smartphone.  

I tried chat, they said to call the 800 number and ask for the rebate department but they didnt see any issues.  I called the 800 number and the clerk wouldnt transfer me to the rebate department.  He looked into it, said I absolutely would get the rebate and he was elevating it.  However, just got denied again today.

How do I get ahold of someone who actually has authority to deal with this?  Someone in the rebate department?  I am so ticked off having to deal with this, its infuriating.

Cant wait to quit Verizon if I cant get this resolved.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Another Verizon Rebate Denied - Seems common theme
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure that you are provided the rebate as needed for your account. With regard to the rebate process was the transaction completed at a third party location or one of our corporate store locations? -Jasper

0 Likes
MPTut05

The entire transaction was completed online at www.verizon.com.

Requirements for the Bring Your Own Device to Verizon and get a $350 Verizon EGift card:

1. Bring your own 4G or 5G smartphone. (Yes/Done)

2. New Line (Yes/Done)

3. Unlimited Plan Required (Yes/Done)

4. Consumer Accounts only (Yes/Done)

I have had 3 Verizon reps tell me I absolutely will be getting the rebate, they dont see why its getting denied.  

I am using an Iphone XR for the 45 day period, then will switch over to a Samsung Galaxy.

0 Likes
-Troy-
Enthusiast - Level 2

I really feel that they are misleading the customers.  I have moved my 5 lines and I get the same invalid error.  If they do not get this situated, I will be reporting/contacting this to the FTC along with the local TV station in our area.  It's been frustrating since switching from T-MOBILE.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

-Troy-, we definitely want to make sure that you can get your rebates approved as soon as possible. So we can work on this, please send us a Private Note. *Jose

0 Likes
harsh-chane

Same issue with the rebate here, but it was for porting-in my phone number from previous carrier, been like 2 months communicating with Verizon through chat, phone, email, even went to store. All I hear is, "you will hear back from us in a week or so." Very frustrating 😕

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know it's important to get your rebate taken care of, harsh-chane. We are here to help. Please send us a Private Note. *Rebecca

0 Likes
harsh-chane

@vzw_customer_support I have already sent a private note on Oct 23rd. Please look into the issue!! 

0 Likes