Any Reception Fixes Yet?
ms_tr

Since updating my phone ages ago, my Note 3 has yet to have decent signal reception despite all attempts at remedying it. The highest I ever get is 3 bars, and I live in and frequent areas completely covered under Verizon's 4g coverage map. Text messages and MMS especially take forever to send, or fail altogether; calls take time to connect and when they do, quality is poor; frequent dropped calls when used for work - simply unacceptable. Any time I venture more than say 20 minutes North, my phone will drop to zero reception, not 4g, not 3g, nothing. I've been around other Verizon customers who had full service, where in the exact same location I get dropped calls and no network, whatsoever. I've also had the same issues while traveling in even more populated areas, Orlando, Hermosa Beach/LA, and Portland.

I've tried pulling the battery, pulling the SIM, switching between global and LTE/CDMA, SIM card replacement, and finally gave in and tried a factory reset today. Waste of everything, as my signal quality has dropped to 1 bar at best. Is there any actual fixes, aside from the tried and (false) "have you tried turning it off and back on again?", or are we doomed to suffer in shoddy reception pushing us closer and closer to switching networks?

Phone: Note 3 SM N900V, non-rooted, 5.0 w/ all current updates

Home Zip code: 48026, frequent Detroit Metro area with the same reception issues

Maximum signal strength: -111 dBm, average around -125 dBm or worse

0 Likes
Re: Any Reception Fixes Yet?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ms_tr,

These types of issues are very frustrating. Thank you for being so proactive with your troubleshooting steps already performed. The information you provided will be very helpful for future steps. Please respond to the email I have sent for further assistance.

DerekR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes