App crashing after lollipop update
jont1560
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have noticed that after my handset got updated to lollipop certain app will crash for no particular reason.  For instance I may be reading an article usually in Chrome and it just kick me out to my home screen.  This is very frustrating when I am   supposed to be using one of the best device on the market.  Battery drain is also a big problem, but I will leave it at what others have posted. 

Is Verizon and Samsung working on some kind of fix for these bugs?  And how long will we have to live with them? What kind of service are we paying all this money for? Really irate. ..

0 Likes
Re: App crashing after lollipop update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
These issues would also have me just as frustrated, jont1560. Let's make sure your phone is working optimally. How long ago did you perform the OS update? Have you also tried clearing the cache partition? This can help. Please follow these steps:

http://vz.to/17EqEpO -- When you reach Step 4, please choose Wipe Cache Partition, and not Wipe Data/Factory Reset. Once this is done, please select Reboot to restart your phone.

Also, some apps may not be fully updated to work with the new OS, and can be causing some of these issues too. Please keep us posted with the results.

NicandroN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
jont1560
Enthusiast - Level 2

I updated my system sometime in March. I cannot remember the exact date. I have wiped the cache, completed the factory reset a few times with no avail. I tried troubleshooting this problem with just the stock app and had the same results. Someone needs to go back to the drawing board and do some more testing on this release.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
jont1560,

Thanks for those details. We definitely appreciate all that you have done so far. What appears to be using the battery life the most on your device? To check what processes may be using the most life you can go into Settings and Battery. http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-122223/.

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
jont1560
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since my last post, I removed some apps and wipe the cache again. Of particular interest is one so called security app that I was using.  It has been three days and I have noticed that the major problems have cleared up. Conflicting or poorly written apps? I will keep monitoring the device and keep you posted.

0 Likes
jont1560
Enthusiast - Level 2

The phone is still working without any problems since my last update. Thanks.

0 Likes