Apps closing by themselves on Samsung S8 after 3/24 update
MICPET41
Enthusiast - Level 2

After the most recent update,  any app that i am using(doesn't matter which one) will close suddenly all by itself.  Not sure why this is happening but would love answers from Verizon or the community.

Are other S8 users experiencing this same issue?  Any solutions?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Apps closing by themselves on Samsung S8 after 3/24 update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MICPET41,

This certainly isn't the experience we want for you to have when it comes to your S8. When did you do the update? How quickly would you say the apps close? Also, have you updated all of the apps themselves through the Play Store?

ErinW_VZW

0 Likes
MICPET41
Enthusiast - Level 2

As my post stated, I updated on 3/24 when Verizon set a push notification to do a system update..  Update: G950USQS7DTB3. 

As far as apps closing unexpectedly, this happens anywhere from 15 to 60 seconds,  It happens in texting and email apps as typing but also happens with other installed apps while I am reading news, etc... 

All apps are updated.  I have play store set to update automatically.  So even with all apps updated this continues to happen..  Very frustrating.  

Sorry for the delay but these times are a taxing

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MICPET41, we get it as life is busy here. Please use the link attached on how to run a Software Repair on your phone. This step is universal for all Samsung smartphones. http://spr.ly/66071F9pB

If the software update is the problem this is the best step to take. The Software Repair will allow you to keep your personal content on the phone without having everything erased during this process.  Keep us posted. 

AlanS_VZW

0 Likes
MICPET41
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did as suggested but apps still closing suddenly.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for trying that for us. We would like to continue the troubleshooting process. Can you please navigate into your reset menu in your settings, and press on Reset Network Settings? Let us know how it performs after.

RobertH_VZW

0 Likes