Audio Pausing
dgh1981
Enthusiast - Level 3

Good afternoon.  I just picked up my Galaxy S6 Edge back on 5/2 and love it so far.  I am having a nagging issue though with audio.  Whether using Spotify, Stitcher, etc, I will randomly have issues with the audio pausing.  It happens at my desk at work, in my pocket with headphones, and in the car with bluetooth audio.  I press a button to activate the screen and I see that the audio controller is paused.  I hit play and it picks right back up.  It doesnt seem like its an issue with streaming because it also does this with Spotify offline playlists and SiriusXM downloaded shows.  I checked the settings for gestures and made sure the mute gesture is turned off.  Anyone have any ideas?  I hate having to hit play 6 times during a walk, etc.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Audio Pausing
Snn5
Legend

From Android Central post:

Try turning off voice control...my music would randomly pause also..turned that feature off and it hasn't since....

Older versions had it in the Language & Keyboard section of the Settings. Newer versions have this in Settings for S Voice.

Also:

you have to go to settings , click ibliptv app and turn off background refresh

0 Likes
dgh1981
Enthusiast - Level 3

So you mean like the Google Now voice control? I really like that booooo.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Check S Voice. 

0 Likes
dgh1981
Enthusiast - Level 3

I actually have S Voice disabled, since I liked google now better. 

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Did you find anything within Language and Keyboard or the ibliptv app/process?

0 Likes
dgh1981
Enthusiast - Level 3

I dont see anything relating to ibliptv in settings on looking at "all" applications.  As for "Language and Input" settings, I see the following:

Google Voice Typing-Automatic

Speech>voice Input-Enhanced Google Service

Speech>Text to Speech Options-Google Text to Speech Engine

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Honestly, it was a long shot.  I see this audio-pausing as an issue on S3,4,5 and 6 devices.

0 Likes
dgh1981
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just an update.  I factory reset my phone and it still did the pausing.  I am running the native music app now in safe mode to see if it pauses.  Good so far, but we will see.  If this is related to the memory bug thats been talked about, it might not happen in safe mode because a bunch of services are disabled. 

I heard that Sprint and AT&T both are pushing minor build patches that may fix the memory bug, but no word from Verizon yet.  I hope we get this soon.  Wish the company was more forthcoming on stuff like that.

dgh1981
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just an update.  I found that my audio pausing issues were caused by the Xfinity Connect app, which has a VOIP feature for your phone phone.  It must have interfered somehow with the audio subsystem.  Uninstalled and all is well now.