Battery Life Horrendous after G920VVRU4DQF3 update on 8-15
gtosnipey

I warn, DO NOT apply this update. I wish I could roll back so bad.  I have a Verizon S6 for work, and after this update, my battery life is ridiculously low. Leaving my phone, screen off, on my desk for 11 hours and it dies. In battery settings I even have it set to MIN, which gives me an estimated life of 11h standby...... that is ridiculous. Even my MAX time is only 26 hours. I used to get 3x the battery if not more. My work phone is always idle and it would last days in my work bag as I travel. Now 11 hours idle time? What the heck happened?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Battery Life Horrendous after G920VVRU4DQF3 update on 8-15
jonnyonenut
Enthusiast - Level 1

My battery life is also horrible after applying the G920VVRU4DQF3 update.

0 Likes
gtosnipey

After going back and forth on 100 settings I found it! So after the update, I was getting 6 hours of battery idle.  If you go into Settings > Wifi > (ellipses in top right corner) > Advanced >Keep Wi-fi on during sleep - and change this from "Always" to "While Charging" my battery went back to normal use.  I will charge up to 100% and post an image after my next drain to 0%. Hope this helps!

0 Likes
jonnyonenut
Enthusiast - Level 1

I made that change in the settings, but it hasn't helped the battery life.

0 Likes
jonnyonenut
Enthusiast - Level 1

I installed the latest August 2017 security update G920VVRS4DQH1 and the battery life is still terrible.

0 Likes