Billing and customer service,
ramseybuster
Enthusiast - Level 2

Awful and extremely rude service. I went I with a concern about a billing issue. I was being charged talk overages without being alerted even though I had alerts turned on. And I was on a very old plan that charged $1 per text on one line. I did not pay too much attention because that line did not text much. I learned that since April, I had been charged $160 in overages for talk time and never got an alert.

‘Dan’ told me that it was my responsibility to make sure I was on a good plan for a Note 9 and I should have checked my voice usage daily online. Dan also said that Verizon has never sent out alerts for talk usuage. Really? Because it is right on my account screen and enabled. He did not offer to switch my plan and I would take up the rest with billing. I said, “what is stopping me from paying off my phone right now ($400) and walking down the street to T-Mobile?” Dan said “go ahead”. I told him if I pay it off he has to unlock it if the phone itself is locked (not the SIM card, I know that is). He said they don’t unlock phones and I cannot use it on another network.

I will be writing a letter to my State AG today, filing a complaint with the FCC and begining the process of looking for others wihth the same issue so that Verizon will not be able to do this to others through a class action lawsuit.

RUN AWAY FROM THIS PLACE. THEY WILL RIP YOU OFF AND SELL YOU SOMETHING YOU DON”T UNDERSTAND OR DON”T NEED.

this is the store at 1111 S. Willow St in Manchester, NH.

Labels (1)
Re: Billing and customer service,
rcschnoor
Legend

First of all, you shouldn't have to check your account "daily" but you haven't looked at your bill since April in order to notice overage charges??? Sorry, but that is on you.

It appears you and/or the salesperson you spoke to is not aware of Verizon's device locking policy which I have included a link below:

https://www.verizon.com/about/consumer-safety/overview#device-unlocking-policies

UNLESS you have recently(within last 60 days) purchased your device it should ALREADY be unlocked.

Lastly, I'm uncertain what issue you want to start a "class action" about, but it would be extremely expensive on your part as you would FIRST have to overturn the Supreme Court ruling which would prevent you from doing so as indicated in the link below:

https://www.cnet.com/news/why-you-cant-sue-your-wireless-carrier-in-a-class-action/

If it is because you want your device unlocked, that is obviously not an issue with Verizon's device unlocking policy. If it is because you don't want to have to check your bill once a month, I don't think you will get much sympathy from the courts.

0 Likes