So I've seen similar topics but none that fully answer the question I have. I have an S8, and the Message+ texting app. I know a recent update now allows you to attach gifs (even though you can't search for them yet it seems...) But I was curious if there was a way to add Bitmoji to the standard Samsung keyboard. All other phones, including my wife's iPhone, allow you to add a Bitmoji through their messaging app. But it seems I can't do this unless i install a completely new app? If so, does anyone have any recommendations on what new keyboard and/or messaging app I need to install? Thanks in advance!
I want you to be able to use Bitmoji with your keyboard, nike0013. Let's look into this more. Did you attempt to set up Bitmoji? If so, how did it go? Also, did you enable the Bitmoji app through the language and input settings? Settings>Language and Input.
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
So I downloaded it normally, right through the Play Store. It was easy to set up. And yes, I enabled Bitmoji via Language and Input. But I still have no options to add it to a message like I could a regular emoji, or now with the new update, a gif. The only way I can add it is by going through the Bitmoji app itself, and sharing it through Message. But doing it this way is far more complicated, especially if I'm trying to respond to a group text. Because now I have to click on every single recipient. Whereas if it was just part of the keyboard itself or through the Message app, it would be very simple.
I finally had the time and patience to figure this out. I can now while in the messages app add a bitmoji. Here is what I did (probably could be done in a different order but it worked):
1. Language and Input settings > On screen keyboard > manage keyboards > bitmoji keyboard
2. Language and Input settings > default keyboard > bitmoji
3. I went into messages plus and when I tried to type a text a prompt came up that said get Gboard. It was a blue background image that said "we've teamed up with Google to bring you a better keyboard: send bitmoji's in a tap, etc."
4. I clicked the image and it took me to the Google play store where I downloaded the Gboard keyboard. I went through the prompts.
5. Your new default keyboard will now say "multi-lingual typing - Gboard"
6. When in messages plus, when you want to add a bitmoji: click the smiley face icon (look on right side) > click on the keyboard icon (look on right side) > click on the smiley face icon (left of spacebar) > click the gray bitmoji icon > search for one you want > if it is a group thread the people you have been talking to will all be checked for you already in your recent contacts on the next screen.
This sounds convoluted....I know....but I promise it is not that bad and works INSIDE the messages plus app