Bluetooth doesn't seem to be working after taking the latest OTA software update.
SCENGLAN
Enthusiast - Level 1

Saturday I made the mistake of allowing my phone to install the latest software update.  My fitbit logged steps all Saturday morning until I installed the update, and can't sync for the 4 days since.  I've followed every suggestion I can online and nothing works. I've unstallled and reinstalled the fitbit app, power cycled dozens of times with every variation of bluetooth active/inactive and app installed/uninstalled. Rebooted my fitbit. At this point I'm convinced the problem is with my phone, but there's nothing I can do about rolling back to the last working software configuration.  I can see other bluetooth connection options (my neighbor's apple TV, some laptops, but not the fitbit sitting on top of it.  I tried a google search for the latest system update (N910VVRU2CQF2) to see if anyone else has had similar problems and the only posts are related to people having similar struggles connecting to what I think are bluetooth credit card scanners, all since Saturday morning.

Re: Bluetooth doesn't seem to be working after taking the latest OTA software update.
WOLFPATCH
Enthusiast - Level 2

I also have a problem with this update. Ever since the update, my phone will not fast charge! It bad when the update needs an update to fix it's problems.

Re: Bluetooth doesn't seem to be working after taking the latest OTA software update.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure that all issues are resolved. New updates should make all services work faster and better. We want to make sure both of your issues are fixed. What kind of phone do you have? For the charging issue, is the original charger being used? How long has this been going on? For the Bluetooth issue, are all Bluetooth devices having the same issues? Have you been able to test other devices with your phone? Also, is the FitBit working with other phones?

JavierMD_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!  

WOLFPATCH
Enthusiast - Level 2

Galaxy Note 4 Model: SM-N910V. The problem started when I did a system update to N910VVRU2CQF2. Yes, I am using the original charger. I have also tried other charges for other newer Samsung phones and it still will not fast charge.

SCENGLAN
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also have a Galaxy Note 4 Model: SM-N910V which was working fine until I took the system update to N910VVRU2CQF2 around noon on Saturday. When I open the Bluetooth menu and scan, I can't get it to detect my fitbit at all. So it was connected minutes before the update and can't be found since. I haven't yet tried detecting it with anyone else's phone, I'll check on that later today.

To note, my adaptive fast charging is still working after the update.

ABLACKRAM
Enthusiast - Level 2

I also have a Galaxy Note 4 Model: SM-N910V which was working fine until I took the system update to N910VVRU2CQF2 around  today. When I open the Bluetooth menu and scan, I can't get it to detect my fitbit at all.  I did a battery pull and it did see the fitbit, when I told it to connect, it said connect failed.

ABLACKRAM
Enthusiast - Level 2

think the update was really MMB29M.N910VVRS2CQE1

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

WOLFPATCH,

Getting a quick charge is definitely important. We want to make sure you're able to count on your device when and where you need it. Do you get any error message or anything like that? If you put the phone in safe mode http://vz.to/2e2FHm1 does this still happen?

AndrewT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
WOLFPATCH
Enthusiast - Level 2

Fast charging works in safe mode but not normal mode or when the phone is off.

0 Likes
Bacardio
Enthusiast - Level 2

having same issue.  Blue tooth no longer works with iFit Vue smart fitness tracker or with GolfPad Pro Link Reader.  It does work with the several external speakers or headsets.ing no longer works

Fast charging no longer works
Also battery shows improper charge level.  Phones is out of power as battery shows 25%-30% charge lefts

This is happening on both mine and my wife's Note 4

0 Likes