Broke my phone and want to reactivate an old phone.
CowGirl88
Enthusiast - Level 1

I ran over my phone yesterday 😖.  What is the current method to reactivate an old phone for temporary use?  I have not found anyplace on Verizon's site about reactivating old phones for temporary use.  All of the information I have found is about swapping numbers between phones.

Labels (1)
Re: Broke my phone and want to reactivate an old phone.
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

What is the phone model you want to activate? Do you know if the phone is capable of VoLTE calls?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

There’s just never a good time to have an issue with a phone, CowGirl88. You came to the best place for help. Ann154 offered a great first step, as we need to know what kind of phone got damaged and what kind of phone you have as a spare in order to fully answer your question. Alternatively, you can view “Activating a device you’re bringing to an existing line” on this page https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/activate-switch-or-bring-your-own-device-faqs/.

GeorgeS_VZW

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Do both phones use SIM cards? If so, are the SIM cards the same size? If the answer to both of the previous questions is "yes" it is very likely you can simply take the SIM card out of your current phone and place it in the phone you want to start using. The phone will activate automatically once the phone is turned on and the Verizon network recognizes the SIM card as yours.