Call filter app "can't connect to servers"
Johngto455
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am getting the error "Cant' connect to the server.

We are having trouble connecting to our servers and unable to complete your request. please try again later.

I have reset the phone to factory and then this started. I have reinstalled and installed a few times. I have it turned on in my settings online. It worked before the factory reset.

THoughts?

Labels (1)
Re: Call filter app "can't connect to servers"
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know it's important to have your Call Filter feature working correctly, and we are here to help. What model of Galaxy S Series do you have?

BreannaH_VZW

0 Likes
Johngto455
Enthusiast - Level 1

S10+, and it was working fine up until I had to do a factory reset. When did the new install from the play store it will not connect to the servers? I also see now on the call filter compatibility page that the s10+ is not supported for Identifyes unknow texters. When I select this box, the S10+ falls off the list of compatible phones. It worked 2 weeks ago did something change?

Johngto455_0-1584488020001.png

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate those details Johngto. Do you have an eSIM currently active on your device? Also, were there any other changes to the phone around the time the issue began such as new apps or updates?

RashadM_VZW

0 Likes
rglfp
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same problem here. I have a new S20, unlocked, from Samsung. I get "Can't connect to server" in the Call Filter app. On the Verizon site it says the device is "not compatible" with the Call Filter service.

I spent one hour on the phone with Verizon support. Reset network setting. Re-installed the app. Still no fix. Everything else on the phone is working correctly.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am sorry about that rglfp, we want you to be able to take advantage of our services whenever possible. Did it ever work for you with this device? Sometimes, with unlocked phones, certain Verizon services aren't available. 

RosanneM_VZW

0 Likes
kambambam
Enthusiast - Level 1

So there is no way around this having a unlocked phone. I can't see why Verizon can't fix this by having the user just log in.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would like to learn more about your specific situation, kambambam. What is the make and model of your device? What issues are you experiencing aside from this one? ChrisM_VZW

0 Likes
Cstewart4872
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have an iPhone XS Max the call filter is blocking one of the numbers my job uses to contact me and it’s it’s giving me the same error message whenever I try to allow the number 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sorry to hear about the calls from your employer being blocked, Cstewart4872. I definitely want to make sure that we can figure this out. To clarify, this is the process for adding an allowed number on an iPhone: http://spr.ly/6604GedyQ Is this what you are doing when trying to allow the number on your iPhone? If so, have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Call Filter app? 

RyanM_VZW

0 Likes