Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
***Announcement: Welcome to the new Verizon Community! We have merged our Wireless and Fios Communities to bring you the best place to discuss any Verizon product or service, along with all things tech! We have many new features to discuss with you in the coming weeks, but first we want to make sure that all of you who have been active on either of our communities before are able to log in!

Please see the Announcement in the Announcement section under Information Hub.

Calls straight to voicemail, no missed call notification
rnarvaez
Enthusiast

Phone: Samsung S6

Problem: SOME forwarded calls go straight to voicemail with NO missed call notification.

Calls must be forwarded - turning OFF all forwarding is not the option nor should it be the only solution (this is the solution I have found on these community forum and need a better option)

Not all calls have been missed but 2 important work calls just today have been missed with my Voicemail icon popping up 10-15 minutes AFTER the VM was left.

Not getting the call notification and having a voicemail notification come in "late" can not be accepted.

How do I get the calls to come through without going STRAIGHT to voicemail or at least give a MISSED CALL NOTIFICATION?

4 out of 5 or 6 calls have done this in 2 days.

Samsung 6 is recently updated this month.

Do Not Disturb is disabled - I don't use it.

These callers are in my phone's contacts and NOT blocked.

Why am I missing these calls with no notifications?

Doubt this is a phone specific problem but thought I'd try posting here first.

Re: Calls straight to voicemail, no missed call notification
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

marvaez, we know how important it is to ensure that you’re receiving all of your notifications in a timely manner and we want to do everything we can to help. We appreciate all the details that you’ve provided thus far and there’s a few more items that we’d like to clarify. Can you tell us if you’re currently using call forwarding on your device? You can learn more about Call Forwarding at https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/how-to-use-call-forwarding/

When did this problem originally start? What zip code are you located in? Have you noticed that you’re in a particular location when you’re not getting these notifications? Do you know anyone else in the area that also uses Verizon and has a similar experience? Please walk us through the step-by-step process that you take to check your voicemail messages.

SamanthaT_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
ChrisHutt
Enthusiast

I have a Samsung S6 and had the EXACT same problem, turning off "HD voice and video calling" solved the problem for me.

Go to settings> advanced calling

Verizon, your customer support is less than adequate.

HHNYLAND
Enthusiast

Wow! Thanks so much. That solved it for me as well!

Verizon - PAY ATTENTION TO YOUR CUSTOMERS!