Can I exchange/upgrade Note 7?
nyleve2016
Enthusiast - Level 2

Can I exchange/Upgrade on verizon.com online instead of at the retail store I originally got the phone from?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Note 7 exchange/upgrade
rashadm_vzw
Verizon Employee

We want the process of exchanging your device to be seamless nyleve2016. Was your device purchased from a corporate Verizon Wireless store or an authorized retailer? You can order a different device online if your phone was purchased from one of our corporate store locations. You can get all of the information about the recall process here Samsung Galaxy Note7 Recall Exchange FAQs | Verizon Wireless

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tschmalz
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well, considering the stores refuse to take them.....I HOPE SO!

0 Likes
tk3765
Contributor - Level 3

According to the texts I am still getting,. despite having already gotten a different phone, Verizon is indicating online is the best way.

Now, as to the process, and this goes for online or in a store.  Refunds of the taxes and upgrade fees paid when you got the 7 are not being immediately refunded.  So, if you order online or go into a store, you end up paying for the new phone, whichever version you decide upon, as though you are entering a new upgrade phase; taxes on the new phone and upgrade fees will be charged.  Once the system realizes you have "upgraded," a box is sent out in order for you to ship the 7 back.  Once the 7 is indicated as having been returned, any taxes and upgrade fees paid when the 7 was purchased will be refunded as a credit back to your Verizon account.

If you purchased the 7 up front at retail cost, the taxes and upgrade fees will be refunded via an account credit but the refund for the phone, allegedly, will come directly from Samsung as a refund...am guessing a check.  I can't see Verizon crediting an account some $850 and I, at least, would fight it if they did.  I plan on using the refund to pay the balance on the phone I switched to as an alternative.

0 Likes
tschmalz
Enthusiast - Level 3

Buuut, what if your aren't exchanging. I am going back to t-mobile for a few months until Verizon releases something comparable.

0 Likes
rodz_r
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well in my case.

Verizon is charging the $20 upgrade fee on purpose, trying to take advantage of the Recall and they are wrong for trying to do so.

With this action they are simply telling us that we have to pay for their mistakes, and we customers cant allow that, period.

I even talked over the phone to a Verizon customer support Manager, to challenge the $20 upgrade fee, simply because:

1. THIS IS NOT an upgrade but a DOWNGRADE.

2. IT is a RECALL FORCED on to us, because the Note 7 pose a security threat:

a. So that means that I'm NOT requesting an upgrade, but an exchange, that again is FORCED on to US customers.

3. IT IS now a FEDERAL crime to bring a Galaxy Note 7 onto an airplane, and Offenders are subject to civil penalties of up to $179,933 for each violation.

So again we are forced to exchange our Note 7.

4. There is no future update support.

Samsung has cancelled the Glaxy Note 7.

That means no new security patches, no new feature updates, and certainly no upgrade to Android 7.0 Nougat EVER.

5. Etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc............

Verizon's manager insisted that the $20 was standing, so I told her to cancelled my exchange.

Now; today I had to call SAMSUNG, to report this situation.

And their answer was, wait, wait for it, wait for it..... " The carriers are NOT supposed to charge you anything, we do not know why they are doing that ".

Seriously VERIZON, what in the world, what do you people think is the meaning of NO CHARGE, $0.

People, DO NOT let them charge you the $20 upgrade fee.

So if they still try to get you on the $20 boat fee, take the course of action I did, I called Samsung and they helped me with the exchange to get a S7 edge + $100 for being loyal customer and NO $20 upgrade fee.

CHAME ON YOU VERIZON.

0 Likes
rashadm_vzw
Verizon Employee

We want the process of exchanging your device to be seamless nyleve2016. Was your device purchased from a corporate Verizon Wireless store or an authorized retailer? You can order a different device online if your phone was purchased from one of our corporate store locations. You can get all of the information about the recall process here Samsung Galaxy Note7 Recall Exchange FAQs | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes
ZUKZEKIM
Contributor - Level 1

I thonk most Note 7 users on here are tired of explaining this rashadm_vzw but I'll cover it one more time. Hope someone is taking notes. There are no comparable phones. Everything else in your current line up is lacking one or more feature that many of us selected the Note 7 for. They are (and this list isnt all inclusive):

Annual upgrade

Expandable memory (up to 2TB)

Water proof

Stylus pen  (and please stop telling us how touch screens can all use a stylus)

Curved edge screen enhancing visuals

That's a few. There are a handful of other things that just set the Note 7 apart. Until another phone, with all that (see above) hits the stores, we're going to resist the so called upgrade you keep offering.

0 Likes
rodz_r
Enthusiast - Level 2

Are you serious, is that the only answer you VZ people have?

You've been repeating the same answer all over the community.

Which can only be interpreted in one way, Verizon DO NOT CARE.

VERIZON just try to push people into their court, playing games to see who they can get with the $20 upgrade fee.

So, after I got angry as hell with you VERIZON, and after I already processed everything through Samsung, because you simply suck, and now you say in a text message that $20 are not going to charged.

And here is a copy paste of text message:

1. FREE VZW MSG: Your Samsung Galaxy Note7 has been recalled. Please upgrade your Note7 to another device. Receive free overnight shipping if you order by 10/19, up to a $100 credit on your bill, and no upgrade fee. For more information visit go.vzw.com/note7faq

0 Likes