Can I only get a refund for the Note 7?
MARSAB35
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am not interested in using my upgrade to downgrade to a lesser phone. Please let me know the process for getting a full refund for my Note7. Nothing on your site addresses this--only how to exchange it. My local corporate store stated they will not take my phone. It shouldn't be this difficult--I send you the phone, and you refund me. Please tell me how to do this.

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Refund only
markp_vzw
Verizon Employee

OFAMOUS1, I know that this process has been tough for many of our customers. We want to help ensure a smooth transition and get things back on track. I understand if you choose not to exchange the Note 7 for any other device. Let me guide you on the return process. You can return the Note 7 to any corporate owned retail store. The only scenario where you cannot return it in our store is if it was purchased at a Verizon authorized indirect partner. In that case, you’ll have to go back to the original point of purchase. You can find your nearest corporate-owned store here. http://vz.to/1Pl7NU4

MarkP_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tieshia123
Enthusiast - Level 2

They won't do it. You have to send a email to corporate.  Or contact Samsung directly they may be able  to bypass Verizon and issue you a refund. Hope that helps.

0 Likes
tc2013
Contributor - Level 1

Can some Version admins confirm here?

That's not what i've heard from Verizon on the refund process.

Is that your own experience or what??

0 Likes
JohnB_VZW
Verizon Employee

We are always here to help MARSAB35. I apologize for all the difficulties you've had with the return of your phone. I know how upsetting and inconvenient this process has been for you.

Please keep in mind that you can exchange the phone for any other device model. Are you not interested in exchanging it for a different device? Where did you originally purchase the Note 7?

We can definitely assist with the return or exchange of the phone. Please reply to the Direct Message I just sent you so we can access your account and further assist.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MARBAR

I'm in the same position as MARAB35,

0 Likes
OFAMOUS1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I don't want a different phone now that the Note 7 is officially recalled. I want to use my old phone which I mothballed as a backup.

If I have to jump through ridiculous hoops to get a refund, I'll be canceling all business with Verizon.

JONBRI25
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm in the same situation.   You've been followed had DM on twitter,  lied to on the phone,  and still I can't return the device.   My device goes outside in the rain to protect my house if you are unwilling to take it back.   A recalled device by law is entitled to a full refund.  Failure to acknowledge this and take this phone back will be resulting with a call to the FCC.

RAIMAN522000
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am in the exact same boat. I called verizon and told them i wanted to refund my phone and go back to my old galaxy s5 instead of getting another phone. The lady I spoke with was very understanding and went ahead and tried to process the refund but came to a road block saying her system was only letting her exchange my phone for another one and not just send it back. She dug a little deeper and contacted samsung to which they replied that they will send me a box within the next 1-2 WEEKS! Meanwhile im sitting here with my potentially dangerous phone. I dont understand why its so hard to just issue a refund, i shouldnt be forced into switching to a device i dont want, I wanted the note 7, that was why i upgraded to it. Not the s7 or the s7 edge or the LGv whatever. I wanted the note 7, if i cant have the note 7 then i will wait for another phone to come out that I WANT.

markp_vzw
Verizon Employee

OFAMOUS1, I know that this process has been tough for many of our customers. We want to help ensure a smooth transition and get things back on track. I understand if you choose not to exchange the Note 7 for any other device. Let me guide you on the return process. You can return the Note 7 to any corporate owned retail store. The only scenario where you cannot return it in our store is if it was purchased at a Verizon authorized indirect partner. In that case, you’ll have to go back to the original point of purchase. You can find your nearest corporate-owned store here. http://vz.to/1Pl7NU4

MarkP_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JONBRI25
Enthusiast - Level 2

Oh dear another lie.  I returned mine to the corporate store I bought it at and they refused to take it "as it might blow up".  In case you are wondering thomasville rd tallahassee fl store.  So I can't return it.  Anyone care to try again?