Can't add text ringtone
Hazel_Eyes_4_U
Contributor - Level 2

I'm trying to add a different text ringtone for my contacts but it won't let me.

Help

0 Likes
Re: Can't add text ringtone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having a aural indicator for the different contacts who text you is super important. Let’s make this happen, Hazel_Eyes_4_U . What app to you use for texting?

DavidH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Hazel_Eyes_4_U
Contributor - Level 2

I’m using the app that is on the phone, I want to contacts and there’s only an option for ringtone. I read that the new Oreo software took it out. Why would Samsung do that? I know millions of  people use that feature.

Tidbits
Legend

Samsung has data that says more and more people don't use it and people clamoring about updates and lack there of.  The more features Samsung has to work on the longer the delay. Samsung is cutting some of the fat to be more timely on updates. People can't have it both ways.

Hazel_Eyes_4_U
Contributor - Level 2

I hope they decide to send an updated version of the software we’re you can do that. It really sucks that I have to listen to all that one sound. I like having the different sounds of my own music. I should have keep my S 7 or upgraded to the 8.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hazel_Eyes_4_U, we know how important it is to be able to customize your device and make it your own. As Tidbits has mentioned, the personalized text tones have been removed with the latest update on the Galaxy S9 and the Galaxy S9+. This specific features was removed from other Samsung models as well. In this case, we’d recommend searching through the Play Store for a third-party application that may be able to accomplish this task for you.

SamanthaT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Hazel_Eyes_4_U wrote:

I hope they decide to send an updated version of the software we’re you can do that. It really sucks that I have to listen to all that one sound. I like having the different sounds of my own music. I should have keep my S 7 or upgraded to the 8.

The S7 and S8 will have it missing if you ever update to the 8.0 update as Samsung removed it from those devices as well.

Hazel_Eyes_4_U
Contributor - Level 2

I just got the s8 and didn't update it.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Just never update it and you'll be fine. Keep in mind you also leave yourself open to potential security problems if they ever come out in the wild.

0 Likes
Hazel_Eyes_4_U
Contributor - Level 2

I hope it’ll let me never update it. I just hate that they did that to the software. I guess it’s with all the androids. I shouldhave stayed with my iPhone.

0 Likes