Can't download a picture from txt message
allaboutabby

I recently got a replacement Samsung Galaxy Nexus. This is the first picture txt that has been txtd to me. I can't seem to download it. It says downloading, but nothing happens. I have tried it with and with out a wifi connection. My mobile data plan is on.. I have been able to txt pictures with no problem. Help??

MY OS is  4.1.1

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can't download a picture from txt message
cavi01
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi, i was haveing the problem to and found out the i had to turn on my mobile data to receive cause it won't work through my wifi. But when when turning on the mobile data it will use up my data usage when sending or receive picture message.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Can't download a picture from txt message
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

With the cellular data on and wifi off try sending a picture message to yourself and that should help unfreeze the other message and complete the download.  This has helped me in the past.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
allaboutabby

Tried it- didn't work. Any other ideas?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey allaboutabby!

Downloading stalled, huh? Well, you do need to download the message over our network, so wi-fi will not work. We know this is something with the phone. Let's get it fixed!

If you could, please go into Messaging, then press the button at the bottom right that has 3 little dots. Click into Settings, and under Multuimedia Message Settings, make sure that Auto-retrieve and roaming auto-retrieve are check marked. That way we will make sure your phone is able to get the messages when you are connected to our data network.  Try this and report back.

Also, just wanted to make sure that you aren't using any sort of 3rd party messaging application on the phone as well. This may disrupt the message. Please uninstall if you do have anything.

Thanks!
MichelleG_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
allaboutabby

Thanks for getting back to me. I did as instructed and do not have a third party system installed. the message will not download. I have been able since then to recieve others, so I guess this one will just be lost. Smiley Sad Thanks for the try though, If I have any other problems I will be sure to contact you again.

<Personal information removed for privacy>

Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2012 11:33:50 -0600

To: <Personal information removed for privacy>

Subject: Re: Can't download a picture from txt message - Re: Can't download a picture from txt message

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
cavi01
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi, i was haveing the problem to and found out the i had to turn on my mobile data to receive cause it won't work through my wifi. But when when turning on the mobile data it will use up my data usage when sending or receive picture message.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You really shouldn't post the same message over and over again on multiple discussions. It is against the Terms of Service for this website.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes