Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring the phone you love. OR get iPhone 13, on us. Online only. With Select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 1.31. Buy now
end of navigation menu
Crackling sound on phone calls
sdugas
Enthusiast

I have a Galaxy S10+ and recently have been experiencing crackling sounds on my phone calls. A few times the noise is bad enough that I have to hang up and call again.

This is a relatively new phenomenon.  No one else in my household seems to have this issue (Google Pixel and another Galaxy S10+) Any ideas?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
Re: Crackling sound on phone calls
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We know how important it is to have a working device. Were any changes made to your device when this started? Does this happen on all calls?

EllisandraC_VZW

0 Likes
sdugas
Enthusiast

The only changes were a recent phone update.  I'm not certain whether that preceded this problem or not. 

The crackling is on all the calls. The severity varies from a minor annoyance to where I can't understand the other person. 

Susan

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

That info is much appreciated. Crackling sounds being heard on any device is a big inconvenience. I apologize. The Samsung Galaxy S10+ is a very dependable and sturdy device. Let's continue working together to get this resolved. Are you using a phone case and the free Wi-Fi Calling feature with your phone? Are the crackling sounds being heard while you're indoors, outdoors, or both?- RobertC_VZW

0 Likes