Customer Service - Billing
Railbaron

Why does it have to be so difficult to contact a real person in Customer Service and then when you do you find out they can't do anything for you? I was getting what Verizon called a "Loyalty Discount" that expired at the end of the year. They sent notices to renew it online but I discovered their system would not allow that. After a lot of waiting I managed to get through to a real person who explained I could not renew that discount online - why tell me to do it that way? This lady told me she would renew it for me; this was in mid-December.

I just got my newest bill and there is no discount. After a prolonged ordeal I finally got through to a real person and have found she is evidently unable to do anything with my account. In fact she told me that discount no longer existed. Why lie to a customer; the first person should have just told me that discount would no longer be available. Verizon USED to have awesome customer service but anymore it terrible.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Customer Service - Billing
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I apologize for any negative experience you had with not being able to get the loyalty discount, Railbaron. Let me look closer into the reasons as to why this took place and help with your concerns. Was the loyal discount you are referring to related with your specific plan or one of our other discounts we offer? Did you change over to a different plan? Please send use a private message so we can look the account over and assist you.

EdwinW

0 Likes
Re: Customer Service - Billing
Railbaron

Good morning;

The "Loyalty Discount", which was 8%, was something one of your representatives came up with over a year ago since I don't qualify for any of the other discounts because I am retired. I got an email telling me to renew it but discovered your system wouldn't allow me to do that online. In mid-December I managed to get in touch with a representative who advised the Loyalty Discount could only be applied by a representative which she said she'd take care of; she never said anything about it ending. After an extended wait I finally got a representative who finally told me that discount no longer exists. My frustration was more over the difficulty in contacting a real person.

As a note, the discount isn't a deal breaker as it only amounted to about $5; I'll give up a "foo-foo coffee" a month and it'll balance out. I'm sure there are possibly other plans that might work for me also that might lower my bill but I'll address those once my phones are paid off shortly.

Have a great day.

Dave Hardie

0 Likes