Date and Time changes sporadically
Wfilly

When in the car, I noticed that my Date and time would change to an hour later, a different month sometime  in the year 2001.  It happens as we go through low reception areas and I have to go into the settings and turn the auto on and off to get it to the correct settings.  My husbands S7 doesnt do it but my S9+ does.  When it happens, I cant use my phone till I reset it.  This gets really annoying if I am playing a game or surfing the web (My husband is driving not me).  what is going on????

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Date and Time changes sporadically
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We can understand how annoying this could be and I'm sorry this is happening to you. Where is this happening? When did this begin? Have you made any recent changes to your account or device? Share details. Thank you!

-Evelyn

0 Likes
Wfilly

It started happening when 5G was rolled out.  My phone being an S9+ does not have 5G.  It happens between Wixom and M59 on the way home from or to work, time doesn't seem to matter sometimes it is through low reception areas and sometimes it isn't.  If we had an emergency during that span we could have a very big issue with not being able to use the phone without manipulating it and sometimes that doesn't work and I have to do a restart on it,  When I reached out to Samsung they said it has to do with the carrier since the phone gets that information from the network.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Wfilly-

We want to ensure your phone is working as it should. Please respond to my Private Note to further assist.

-Angie

0 Likes
Wfilly

Where do I find the private note????

0 Likes
Wfilly

Nevermind... Found it 🙂

0 Likes
Ian111384

I have the LG Wing, and this started happening a couple of weeks ago. It seems to only happen when I've been connected to Wifi a while. When I disconnect from Wifi, the phone syncs back up with the network.

Today it syncs to the date of November 11, 2002, and it's been doing that sequentially (i.e. Friday it was November 8, 2002. I know that because I posted on Facebook, and the post had that for a date...Facebook was public in 2004). 

Surely you guys have figured this out by now? I noticed another thread with the same issue (https://community.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-Wireless-Services/Multiple-phones-date-keeps-changing-spora...). 

Please tell me you have a solution.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ian111384-

I know how inconvenient having an issue with your phone's date and time. I want to do all I can to help. Please respond to my private note for assistance.

-Angie

0 Likes
Dtoll

I am having the same issue reported by other people in this thread. It would be really helpful if someone from Verizon could post the solution here, instead of contacting each person individually.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi, Dtoll. We definitely want to ensure the correct time and date is displayed on your phone. We are here to help. When did this begin? Does your device have the latest software updates? 

-Lorenzo

0 Likes