Driving Mode
JAMIEJEFFREY6
Enthusiast - Level 1

How do I permanently disable driving mode on my galaxy s9+?  its driving me crazy.  I use Bluetooth for other things than driving.  I want it gone please help 

Re: Driving Mode
bearone21
Legend

you can't!!! they don't want you talking/driving!!

JAMIEJEFFREY6
Enthusiast - Level 1

Maybe I will tell the rest of my family it is time to go to iPhones.

bearone21
Legend

bye bye!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's important to be able to personalize your phone settings, JAMIEJEFFREY6. Is our device automatically replying to callers with a text message that advises you are driving? Do you use Message + on your phone? If so, it sounds like Driving Mode is turned on in Mesage +. This can be turned off by selecting Menu (three lines in the upper left) and then you will see Driving Mode as the first option in the drop down. There is a switch next to this that will allow you to disable this setting. Does this help?

LaurenC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!! 

RUSRIC22
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi, I have the same question...but I’m not sure about your answer Verizon. I have a Samsung 9, and even if I turn off drive mode, it automatically switches to drive mode as soon as I get in the car. I have to manually turn it off every time I get in the car. Is there anyway to permanently delete/disable it? It’s very annoying! I could unpair it from Bluetooth, but then I won’t be able to play music from my phone, make calls etc.

if this can’t be turned off, I will just have to find another messaging app. I cant believe more people don’t find this annoying?

bearone21
Legend

if you have gps on, the phone is smart enough to keep you from hurting yourself/other folks by talking/driving/texting!!

0 Likes
RUSRIC22
Enthusiast - Level 1

But I don’t text and drive, and if I take a call it’s hands free. And I use Bluetooth for other things, like to play music from my phone via my car. 

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

tinan_vzw
Verizon Employee

Thanks for elaborating and there's only one way to turn off driving mode on all Androids: Open Settings, tap the search bar or icon, then search for "driving" or "do not disturb". Select the setting which pertains to driving mode automatically activating while in a car. Turn off the setting. If you don't want to use "do not disturb" then we suggest using a different text Application other than Message+. Many safeguards are put in place that cannot be overridden. Here's a link with details: Driving Mode - Verizon Messages - AndroidSmartphone | Verizon Wireless

TinaN_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes