Driving mode
Hbailey11

How do I permanently disable driving mode? I cannot permanently disable the driving mode on my Galazy S9 Plus. 

I turn it off the way it's told to turn it off and it still turns back on by itself. Samsung Galaxy s9 plus.

I turned it off everywhere you're supposted to turn it off and it automatically turns back on and never used to do that. Now it does since I've had to do a phone reset.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Driving mode
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Hbailey11, 

I know it's important to personalize your phone and make sure the settings only turn on when you want them to. I regret any issue in turning off Driving Mode, and I'm eager to assist you today. Tell me, does it turn on when getting into your vehicle, or is it random? When did this begin? Please share some details, thanks in advance. 

ChristinaB_VZW

0 Likes
MissGretta

This is happening to my S9+ as well. Random and very annoying - it began after the last update.

0 Likes
polar_bare

This is annoying. While sitting in the living room, a text is not received because the Galaxy S9 is auto putting itself into safe/driving mode. It then auto-sends a message that I am driving and will respond later, all while sitting in the living room. The recent update is the culprit I think as this was not happening before. Please issue a fix for this known problem.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@vzw_customer_support @ChristinaB_VZW  Silence is deafening.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
marshbrew

OK. If driving mode is "ON", is bluetooth disabled? I do not want auto-reply, but the section "Bluetooth Detection Setup": Is that adding devices to shutdown or adding devices to allow? Not clear on Verizon info.

i.e. I want to play music, maps, etc. w/o driving mode shutting down. I want to be able to have messages play verbally so if I need to reply, I can stop and text or voice call the person handsfree.

This is not clear on Verizon.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It definitely sounds like you are experiencing a frustrating problem, polar_bare. Your phone should not be putting itself on Driving Mode if you are sitting in your living room. Allow us to gather more details to be on the same page. Is your device connecting to any Bluetooth devices when you experience this issue? Which messaging app are you using?

VictorC_VZW

0 Likes