Dumb Question re Activation....
Expat98
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am waiting for FedEx to deliver my Galaxy S5...should be arriving today.  So, in preparation, I've been looking at how to activate it.

Problem is, I'm getting confused.  The Activation advice page says to "turn old phone off", then "call activation line from any phone other than the new one".  I suppose this makes sense, but I have to wonder how this is physically possible?  I don't have a landline at all.  Is there a way to do this?

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Dumb Question re Activation....
bearone21
Legend

activate online on a computer by logging into verizonwireless, follow the prompts, know your gmail acc't login/password.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

What phone are you using now?  Depending on which phone you're using, you may be able to remove the SIM card from your current phone and put it in the S5.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

activate online on a computer by logging into verizonwireless, follow the prompts, know your gmail acc't login/password.

0 Likes
Expat98
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for your help.  The phone arrived, and seems to be working just fine.  The only thing that confuses me is that the names in my contact list (yay, I used the Cloud) all have different colors.  Does anyone know why this is?  How do I change things so certain people go together?

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

new phone will probably look different than old phone in many things..