ETF charges - what can I expect?
DeathKitty1989
Enthusiast - Level 3

I understand I've already asked about how much the ETF itself would be, and I understand that it's $350.

I just want to know; are there other charges? Like taxes? Surcharges?

I've done a little looking around and found that several people have had some additional sums of money added to their ETFs.

I plan to terminate my contract at the end of the month, since the number that's under contract is one I'm not actually using, and I don't want to keep or pay for a number I don't use. (Long story short; I neglected to look more into the termination aspect after transferring my prepaid number over to my Note 3, so I wouldn't have to use a new number, my 14 days ran out, and now I have the first month bill and an ETF to work out.)

I'm not angry with Verizon, actually. It's my own fault for not understanding how things work, but now that I do, I can be more careful about how I go about my next phone purchase in the hopefully distant future (only purchased the Note 3 because my old phone was on the fritz; no sound, jammy keys, and it was a 3 and a half year old Intensity II.) and I'm actually grateful for the experience.

So... I live in New York, can ANYONE tell me what kind of taxes and surcharges I could expect from my ETF?

I can understand if there's taxes, which would make the $350 become $378, with the 8% tax thing in mind (unless NY uses a different tax rate for these kinds of things as opposed to the typical "buy something in the store for $10, total comes to $10.80" tax idea.)

Would there be ANY other kind of taxes I can expect to have added on?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: ETF charges - what can I expect?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DeathKitty1989, we hope that you reconsider your decision to cancel services with us. If you cancel services before your contract expires, you will be billed an Early Termination Fee. The taxes, surcharges and fees are approximately 12% of your bill.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DeathKitty1989, we hope that you reconsider your decision to cancel services with us. If you cancel services before your contract expires, you will be billed an Early Termination Fee. The taxes, surcharges and fees are approximately 12% of your bill.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

DeathKitty1989
Enthusiast - Level 3

Okay, thank you for answering!

Now, just so I understand, would that 12% be on my ETF bill, or my actual phone bill?

Just so I know to have the money ready!

It's not that I'm leaving Verizon for good; I'm using a prepaid number and would rather use my phone on a prepaid plan than a contract one. I've been pleased with my Verizon experiences so far, so I don't see a reason to leave :3

0 Likes