Extremely slow speeds
SamP19

I don't know that the issue is with Verizon but I just switched over from AT&T and am regretting it completely. Brand new $1000 phone and have to pay $120 a month for service that doesn't even work half the time. I've never seen speeds so slow. It's absolutely ridiculous. And when I called you tried to blame it on "congestion". I live in the middle of a small little town in north Dakota, don't tell me we are "congested" 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Extremely slow speeds
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SamP19, providing you with optimal service is our goal. We never want you to experience anything less. Which plan are you on? Are you having this issue indoors or outside? Is it one particular location or everywhere you go?

DiaS_VZW

0 Likes
SamP19

I'm on start unlimited. It's everywhere I go whether I'm indoors or out, around a lot of people or no people. The service just terrible. 

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Unfortunately, you don't necessarily know the data habits and/or need of the people around you. Additionally, just because you are not "around" others does not mean the tower to which you are connected is not servicing others at the same time. A typical cell phone can pick up a cell tower from up to 45 miles away. That makes a possible cell tower coverage diameter of about 90 miles. In a rural area such as where you claim to be, cell tower density is not a high as in a suburban or urban area due to fewer people per square mile. This means a tower is likely servicing a MUCH larger area than one in a more densly populated area and therefore could be congested with traffic from over 20-30 miles away.

Possibly the other people in your area chose not to subscribe to the lowest possible tier of data available and have their data prioritized above yours at least until they reach their chosen data threshold. As long as you choose to have a plan which can be re-prioritized behind data from other plans which are not currently being prioritized, you could possibly have this problem. 

0 Likes
SamP19

Mind your business keyboard warrior. Who the heck sits on a Verizon thread and replies to randoms. I don't care if I happen to be on a DECENTLY priced plan, I should still be able to at least use my phone when needed.  Everybody has a cell these days so a major carrier should be able to at least make sure cell phones work. I didnt have this problem with AT&T, not sure why I would with Verizon. 

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

It's interesting how people sign up for the cheapest plan they can find from a provider and they get mad when it works EXACTLY how it is described.

You don't like it, don't get it. You don't want the next higher Verizon plan, move back to AT&T or another provider. If you were so happy with AT&T, why did you leave?

You don't want opinions from other Verizon customers, don't post on a public Verizon forum.

If you didn't understand that your data could be re-prioritized during congestion, do a bit more research before singing up. There IS a reason why there are different prices for different tiers of unlimited data.

Have a nice day.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SamP19, let's get a few more details. What are the 2 nearest cross streets and zip code where you use your device the most? To your knowledge, do other VZW customers also complain of speed issues in this area that are on a different plan?

EbonyR_VZW

0 Likes