First Marshmallow Bug Discovered on Galaxy S5
DMZMAN
Contributor - Level 1

Although this isn't considered something major nor anything that hinders general operation of the device, it's still something that needs to bought to VZW's attention. Turns out, you can't change to any font other than the ones that came pre-installed in the phone.  Downloaded fonts show up on the list you get when you go to Settings - Display - Font Style - Select Font, but when you try to select a downloaded and supposedly installed font, you get a Font Not Supported error.

0 Likes
Re: First Marshmallow Bug Discovered on Galaxy S5
bearone21
Legend

any other problems??

0 Likes
DMZMAN
Contributor - Level 1

None that I've been able to see so far, however the promise of increased battery life is something I'm still waiting to see.  Stay tuned ...............

bearone21
Legend

if you're not using it & you set it down it goes into "doze" which has improved batt life on my note5 with 601.

nothing can be adjusted on doze.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Doze only works when the phone isn't moving and the screen is off after a few minutes.

If you have wake locks doze won't enable either.  The way some of these dev code their apps is terrible.

Here's some insight on how Android handles memory and battery. Which should explain why task manager are bad.

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=sgpyKKsbC5s

bearone21
Legend

it's a good video but nothing of how to optimize doze with various apps & too much time on n......jobscheduler, is it an app or something in settings??

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

I was pointing out some things people don't realize. Using a task managerfor example will abnormally close apps and the next job schedule open them all up and causes a vicious cycle which kills batteries.  Also due to how some poorly coded apps when they open due to a call then don't close like they should.

GZRX
Contributor - Level 3

My S5 was updated to Marshmallow a couple days ago.  Seemed things worked ok until this morning when I discovered that the phone will not mount properly to my Win 10 laptop via usb. When mounted I see the phone icon on the laptop but no content.  A royal pain cus now I must remove the sd card and mount it with a card reader.  Besides that pain in the rear, I can now only access info that is stored on the sd card.

0 Likes
brandilafitte
Enthusiast - Level 1

My font stayed the same after the update. And its not the original font.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

using a "task manager" or the lower left soft key??  so how do you access the jobscheduler??

0 Likes