Frustrated Galaxy Note Edge Customer
axanthak

So, I bought the Galaxy Note Edge through my Edge Up plan. Thought I'd like a change from iPhone and wanted something to help me with school and my internship. Man, was I ever wrong. This is easily the worst phone I have ever had in my life. It freezes, touch sensitivity is ridiculously off, touch ID is essentially nonexistent, audio and call quality are terrible, interface is exhausting, phone gets too hot to charge fully at any one time...the list goes on and on. I contacted samsung who literally just sent me a list of online troubleshooters....thanks for nothing. So now I want to know how to get out of this phone. I don't have money to just buy an iPhone outright, hence the Edge plan, so I don't know what to do. I use my phone a lot for school and my internship, and not only not only is it not doing its job, it's actually making my life harder. I can't rely on it to function properly and the crashing is so frequent that I don't dare work on important material out of fear that it will just disappear once it crashes. I invested some money in this phone (think broke college student investing money) so that I could use if for more things related to school, the stylus was a big draw because it helped with making notes on documents while I was away from my computer, but it is really a useless tool to me now because even it doesn't work properly. I really don't know what to do. I am paying monthly for an extremely disappointing product. The fact that its a Verizon network is the only upside. I've been a loyal customer for a long time. Please help! 😞

0 Likes
Re: Frustrated Galaxy Note Edge Customer
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You shouldn't have to fear using your phone, axanthak. Your phone should make things easier. I appreciate your long time loyalty and want to bring back your happiness. I appreciate you attempting to reach out to Samsung, but I regret to learn they were unhelpful. How long have you been experiencing these issues? In regards to overheating while charging, are you using the original charger? Do you expeirence any error messages when trying to charge? Can you try using your phone while in Safe Mode to test if any of the issues continue? While in Safe Mode, you will not be able to access third party applications. http://spr.ly/6585B3rav

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
axanthak

The issues have been persistent for the majority of the time I've owned the phone. I bought it about 3 months ago, and have always used the same cord and adapter that came with the phone. At first I suspected a faulty wall outlet in my home, but have since used it at work and school with the same issue occurring. I have used the phone in safe mode (I believe it was one of Samsung's suggestions, or perhaps something I read while searching for solutions independently) for as much as 3 days and the crashing issue persisted there as well. It occurs more often with the keyboard than anything, but it also occurs in general while not using the keyboard.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is definitely not the sign of a healthy phone, axanthak. You've taken an excellent step by testing different outlets. It's apparent that we need to review diagnostics on your device. Have you worked with our Tech support to do this?

I know you mentioned Samsung providing different items for you. Did they by chance recommend the Software Repair tool? http://spr.ly/6582B3cHm

AndreaS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
axanthak

I have not contacted tech support. This is my first outreach to Verizon. The issue is clearly Samsung's, and I didn't want to bug you guys if it wasn't necessary. But unfortunately, that's what it came to. 😞

From what I saw in our email exchange, and after reviewing it again, I do not see a Software Repair tool being suggested.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We have your back on this axanthak. In reference to the software tool, have you plugged the phone into a computer? If so, what did you see?
AnthonyM_VZW

0 Likes
axanthak

I actually have not plugged it in to a computer. I had thought about it, but after the consistent overheating issue, I didn't want to risk it with my 2500$ Mac Desktop. Haha.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand axanthak. I would not want to mess up $2500 computer either. It is definitely your decision whther or not you to do it but that is how you launch the software tool that was referred to you.
AnthonyM_VZW

0 Likes
Bellia

i have plugged my phone into my computer and i don't get that option i have same phone same problems and have had mine about same amount of time. I've taken it in they did resets but didn't help. I cant call tech support cause i only have my phone.

0 Likes
axanthak

Yes, after doing some research I decided to just go ahead and plug it in. The option never came up for me as well. At this point, it's really just so much hassle to go through for a phone that is, in all reality, brand new. I just wish there was a way to return it. The quality is just so poor, so disappointing. 😞

0 Likes