Galaxy Note 3 GPS issue & Verizon service issue
lnx029
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi,

My Galaxy Note 3 indicates an incorrect location. Any app that requires location services states the phone is at a location 63 miles North-Northeast of its true location. It eventually finds the correct location. Multiple phone calls to Verizon over the past six weeks did nothing to resolve the problem. They have me pull and re-insert the SIM card, force stop apps, check software and app versions and verify the location services settings. They replaced the first Note 3 with a Like-New warranty replacement. Not only did that fail to resolve the problem, it wasted my time re-installing and re-configuring apps. They tell me that the new Android OS update KitKat is being released in a few days (or in six weeks, depending on the staff who answer my call) with the hope the update will address the problem. They had me replace the SIM card. They write a ticket for issue resolution with the promise that it will be taken beyond second-level support, and the expected phone call never rings. They connect me to Samsung, who in turn promises me a return phone call that never rings. Each time I call, they want me to repeat the entire saga and steps, like the previous phone calls never happened.

Verizon, if settings, resets and replacements aren't fixing the problem, are you hoping that I'll just shut up, live with it and go away? I'm paying full price, so please deliver full service.

Re: Galaxy Note 3 GPS issue & Verizon service issue
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

lnx029, you deserve the full service that you're paying for. Are you using a 3rd party application that is indicating an incorrect location? For example, did you download a navigation application? Please advise as we're eager to address your concerns.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
phxkrausehouse
Enthusiast - Level 2

(removed) This is a bug in 4.3 on the note 3. The fix is in the kit Kat update. You know the one you've been holding from your customers do you could sell more S5's. My advice. Drop Verizon like a bad habit. Every other premium carrier has updated there note 3's. Verizon has not.

Edited as required by the

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

lnx029
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did a factory reset and the problem is not eliminated. The support staff who advised me on the reset did not advise unchecking the Automatic Restore option, leading the next support staff to tell me to redo the rest with the Automatic restore unchecked. How about that for a waste of time?

0 Likes
witzman5
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yea that kit kat update should fix that but since I did the update I can't get 4G service it's either 3g or X1..this is a suck

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry you're having issues with the update phxkrausehouse. I can understand the frustrations. We here you loud and clear and continue to work on ways to provide a better experience with your device. Are you having the same issues? Have you attempted a factory reset?

Kinquana_VZW
follow us on twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
phxkrausehouse
Enthusiast - Level 2

Update? What update? Verizon has not updated the note 3 yet. Fdr? Yes I have. If you would punch my email into your little puter there you would see the history and probably would not have even responded. Verizon's day has come. Today is it. One of two things are going to happen today. I will either leave your network. Or I will take my own steps to correct the issues with my device, and bring it into 2014. Either way Verizon will pay. I'm done with vzw. Completely and utterly done. This is one customer you have alienated to the point of being so mad that I will now take the matter into my own hands, and like I said, will cost Verizon. Not that you guys care about your customers anyway.

rosedillinger90
Enthusiast - Level 2

Amen to you brother. I can't tell you how frustrated I am about them not updating this phone. It should have been among the first to be updated. But nope, they let that pleasure go to their two year old Droid DNA instead. I think they may actually have a grudge against this phone, I swear. All their other popular Android devices, including the S4 was released. By the time that KitKat is released, I wouldn't be surprised if a new version was out. Thanks Slowrizen, truly you are the innovators of making angry customers through the lack of concrete information and the most painful wait of Android updates. Seriously, IT'S GETTING OLD!! IT WAS OLD WHEN IT STARTED!!!

excelon
Enthusiast - Level 1

I too updated to the latest kit kat update as of now the GPS from the phone is SLOWLY gathering GPS data. It does collect the data however it is very WEAK, if I go outside with a clear view of the sky it will collect the data. However, all the other phones that I have compared the problem to have successfully collected GPS data faster and provided a stronger signal in & outdoors.

0 Likes
rmfi98

I have been having an issue with my N/3 in that it frequently loses it's gps fix or does not get one to begin with. This started before the K/K update and was not corrected when the device was updated.

0 Likes